Spring Preview: Quarterbacks

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
View attachment 7902
Don’t know if anyone cares or not but I’m big into football gear and what players do to have style and be unique on the field. Love this helmet choice from JG, his helmet face mask combo last season was terrible imo, almost like he had a DL/LB face mask.

.<BeginThreadDerail>

Look at them snazzy blue uniforms!

.</EndThreadDerail>

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Do I think Graham is the QB of the future? No probably not. But I do think he will almost definitely start vs. Clemson and Gardner Webb. Those 2 games will more than likely be blowouts and we’ll see a smorgasbord of QBs play a lot of minutes. Come Friday night vs. UCF I think you’ll see the QB of the future start. Might that be Yates/Sims/Gleason? Of course, and it likely will be one of those 3. My bet is still on Graham to start the first 2 games, and see where it goes from there.

Have some faith bro, we should at least be able to keep it close against Gardner Webb.
For real though, I fully agree that Graham very likely gets the start in the first 2 games and then after that it might open up if someone is showing more potential. Regardless of whichever way it turns out, I feel confident in the future of the QB position.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
It will be interesting to see who runs with the ones in the spring game. I am hoping it is Yates, but Graham has the position to lose.

The other question I have is if both freshman QBs redshirt this year. Or one proves he deserves playing time.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The question I have is how much lease will they give JG before they pull him if he is not performing. Yates will be first in at least early in the season.

GTFLETCH

Banned
My take away from everything the CDP & CGC is that Jeff Sims or Tucker Gleason will be given every chance to win the job. I would be shocked if Tuck or Sims is not our starter next year

GTFLETCH

Banned
The question I have is how much lease will they give JG before they pull him if he is not performing. Yates will be first in at least early in the season.
I heard CDP talk about yates as a future Coach.... which is a nice complement... I am not to sure he will be the starter on the flats as he was a CPJ recruit.... maybe he switches positions

GTFLETCH

Banned
I would think one would but after about 3 or 4 games unless things are going great.
Good Point... Maybe Tuck or Sims Start and half way the other is rotated to find out who is teh QB of the future..Not a fan of that but based on last year I coul see Tuck and Sims rotating in a bunch.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Never questioned grahams zip on the ball, but just look at lower body mechanics. My money is on Gleason, his mechanics are clean and he is one of the best decision makers in fthis years class

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Have some faith bro, we should at least be able to keep it close against Gardner Webb.
For real though, I fully agree that Graham very likely gets the start in the first 2 games and then after that it might open up if someone is showing more potential. Regardless of whichever way it turns out, I feel confident in the future of the QB position.
I completely agree, but we gotta remember these are 18 years olds. I was at the Miami game in 2018 when people booed taquon because they wanted Oliver. Regardless of who's quarterback, if they have a 20% completion percentage, keep in mind that they are still teenagers, or not far from that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about JG.....hope he turns into Joe Hamilton....I have no idea about Yates as he only got about 20 snaps.....I hope he's great, too...
I don't care who our QB is.....I just know that, historically, for GT to be "good" it takes "great" QB play......not "game manager" stuff.....take the team, put it on your back and carry it quality.....
JG was not able to do that in '19....
We had a great offense with Tevin Washington and he was a game manager.

Jolly Good Fellow
It will be interesting in the QB race.One thing is probably likely.ONE of these guys will be gone this time next yr.
I'm guessing two "will be gone"..... unless Yates changes positions.....2021 will be all about this year's freshmen..... one or the other...