Spring Preview: Linebackers

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
We have too many safeties who are like 6’3 210-220. Somebody needs to bulk up and play LB. I thought that person was Charlie Thomas. Not sure why he’s moving back to DB

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
We have too many safeties who are like 6’3 210-220. Somebody needs to bulk up and play LB. I thought that person was Charlie Thomas. Not sure why he’s moving back to DB

He may not have been capable of bulking up. It’s fun to look at the roster, look at heights, and add 20 pounds to a guy, but sometimes it’s not possible. If he’s a junior and he still can’t get there, he may not have the frame or genetics to do so. Or he may not be able to do so and keep his speed and fluidity.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I just think JaQuon Henderson should’ve been an OLB in this scheme instead of a DE. We have plenty of quality DE in front of him. Clayton, Owens, Dominick, Dawson, C Bennett will all play over him. Imo if anyone makes the move to OLB it should be Henderson. I wouldn’t mind Kaleb Oliver going there either, and Jaylon King or The Notre Dame transfer playing his spot.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I would love to see Tariq put the weight on and become our skull crushed at Mike, but I don't know that he can add that much bulk and keep the speed we would want.

Will be interesting to see what the staff does this season to get us some more bulk there.