Spring Practice

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
First of many to come no doubt. Obviously, this was a bad hire. Handwriting's on the wall. It's all downhill from here.

Does anyone know what CBK's buyout is? 🙄
Whoa, dont try to butt in the ' i hate the new coach line. I was there first!

I have set the bar at " failing to make magical in game adjustments so we beat clemson and uga every year". I am sure the new coach will fail.

A goof up in spring practice scheduling is weak sause.

MOTTO
We are gt. OUR MOTTO
-BECAUSE w r a small school w millionare alumni that donate the least, we demand our head coach be perfect.
Engineers rule!.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
tech fans hate tech more than our rivals so keeping a list sounds like normal fan activity
One point for calling out the constant negativity of some of the fan base.

Minus two points for stretching hyperbole to the breaking point. Most Tech fans sound like fans of any team anywhere when going through rough times.

But I’ll keep monitoring your responses. 😊

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I actually liek the break. It reduces injury risk
Imo, the break is where coaches share preliminary players evaluations so they are ready watch for for specifics in decision tree to make good decisions in portal and NIL that happens at end of spring practice.

New decesion calender w portal and nil.

Gt had bad head coach and a terrible record, but did pretty well in portal ( white could go in first round). Many of us kept thinking TFP would click and figure out his job.

Anyway with some sign of life ( new coach. OC type from national champion, etc), we are fishing in the big boy pond for transfers.

Got to be effectively putting out and responding to feelers..

A good portal would be a great first step.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There really is a lot of potential in this group. Leary already can be a real weapon on jet sweeps, Rutherford is poised to have a McCollum-esque breakout season, Blackburn and Janneh have a lot of potential as big outside threats, and Chase Lane should provide strong leadership and experience. Not to mention that Boyd, Moore, and/or Blackstrain could break onto the scene with some good development from their new coaches.

JacketFan137

Banned
There really is a lot of potential in this group. Leary already can be a real weapon on jet sweeps, Rutherford is poised to have a McCollum-esque breakout season, Blackburn and Janneh have a lot of potential as big outside threats, and Chase Lane should provide strong leadership and experience. Not to mention that Boyd, Moore, and/or Blackstrain could break onto the scene with some good development from their new coaches.
i’m hoping the scheme gets some guys more open. last year i felt like we didn’t get much separation and i’m not sure how much of it was a talent issue and how much of it was a playcalling issue

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
i’m hoping the scheme gets some guys more open. last year i felt like we didn’t get much separation and i’m not sure how much of it was a talent issue and how much of it was a playcalling issue
I think it was a little bit talent, a little bit scheme, and a big lack of development prior to the coaching change. Jenkins has a ton of talent, and it seems like our staff needed to do a better job of teaching him how to leverage it into results. Carter had potential that went untapped as well. It seems like we struggled at developing outside receivers under TFG, but we could always get production from the slot for whatever reason. That could have been a scheme thing as well, I suppose.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
First of many to come no doubt. Obviously, this was a bad hire. Handwriting's on the wall. It's all downhill from here.

Does anyone know what CBK's buyout is? 🙄
Buyout reduces over time. 50% by year 4.
The 5 year deal is worth 15 m. total. It escalates from 2.8 m. in 2023 all the way to 3.2 m. in 2027.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
One point for calling out the constant negativity of some of the fan base.

Minus two points for stretching hyperbole to the breaking point. Most Tech fans sound like fans of any team anywhere when going through rough times.

But I’ll keep monitoring your responses. 😊
Boy, you haven't lived until you have been a Miami coach that just raised the ire of the Canesinsight crowd. At the height of hate Geoff or Bill Lewis mania did anyone ever hire a plane with a "Fire ________"? That happened to Golden and Manny at least twice. I admit Miami has high standards and is notoriously quick to pull the trigger but their fans will rip a coach to shreds at the slightest provocation. It's a wonder Manny has enough self confidence left to go to the mail box.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I htink a lot of this is coachspeak, but if the QBs develop some of it might come true. This position concerns me more then any other. Losing McCollum was a major blow and a brand new coaching staff usually takes a year or two just to get the players on the same page. But who knows? I do think that having Rutherford back is a major plus and that he will be the main target. He's talented enough to make some noise for the team once the season starts. It's finding someone else (or two) that will prove the difficulty, imho.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Batt doing his thing.
I think that is the CU that ugag's TE has got an NIL deal with, if I'm not mistaken

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Does Joe Fusile have a scholarship now? He's certainly earned it.
Agree - he had some issues early when on island against athletic DE, but really improved. Seems like he is strong and has high ceiling.

What about Jason Moore - 95? He was able to get into backfield with a very strong rush. Maybe a coat tail thing w Kion White,

Both of these guys seem to have good leg strength.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Agree - he had some issues early when on island against athletic DE, but really improved. Seems like he is strong and has high ceiling.

What about Jason Moore - 95? He was able to get into backfield with a very strong rush. Maybe a coat tail thing w Kion White,

Both of these guys seem to have good leg strength.
Couple of academic high achievers here:

"Majoring in nuclear and radiological engineering … Two-time member of ACC academic honor roll."

"Majoring in electrical engineering … Member of ACC academic honor roll."

Don't know about Moore (does he have a scholarship?), but Fusile has definitely earned a full ride IMO.

GTJohn70

Georgia Tech Fan
I think it may be good to practice for a week then Spring Break. Let everyone know what is expected, give them the information and specifics and then see which ones use Spring Breal to come back smarter and more ready - who is committed.