Spring Practice

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
An illegal screen won Clemson a national championship...
pick2.0.gif
That’s a stretch calling that an illegal screen. The receiver ran to a spot next to the defender and the defender ran into the receiver on his own.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

The options lives on!

I've heard walk-on Josh Blancato's name mentioned multiple times this spring working with front line offense. Played AB last year, so I assume he's in the slot. Sounds like he's going to make an impact for us...hopefully he can be our version of Clemson's Hunter Renfroe.

Ahmerean Brown continues to make plays. Speed thrills.

DBs still sound the the strength of our team.

Should be fun watching CGC's first spring next week. From what I hear, LOTS of news will come out of next week on the recruiting side.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Quarterback Tobias Oliver has been held out of practice in recent days because of an injury. Collins said Saturday after the team’s scrimmage at Bobby Dodd Stadium that he is day to day, “so hopefully we’ll know more going into the spring game.”
Good eye, Fletch

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What makes that a non-call for the screen is the receiver out wide stopped and turned to look for the ball at the last second. If he does not look for the ball, then he would have been considered blocking and a flag should have been thrown. That’s just solid coaching from Clemson.
That is the point exactly. We discussed that right after the non-call. He is definitely in the way, but is making a legitimate football move to receive the ball if thrown to him. Great coaching. I do not like Clemson, but you have admire what they are doing.