Spring Position Battle - Tackle

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
I saw BC whipped too many times and in too many ways (pass or run) for me to share this opinion at this time. I hope you are right and I will always be rooting for the kid. We need him in a bad way.

I'm trying to spin things a little positively, I suppose. He definitely had his growing pains last year. I do think he has the body you want as an option tackle - he just needs to put together the pieces. Pass pro is where I'm most concerned with him.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This position is one of the big reasons we will struggle this yr.When you start a RFr and a soph(probably) in one of the most demanding positions,you have a big learning curve at best.
If this OL does well,Sewak should be given a giant bonus instead of firing like was suggested this yr. hmmmm.

Well wait now. One is a rs soph. One is a rs junior. And one is a rs fr

In real land that is a junior, senior and sophomore.

Its really not THAT big of a youth issue. If chamberlain could play worth a spit you would have a senior and junior at tackle. But the rs fr may he so good he locks down a spot. If he is that good again u dont have a youth problem imo. As much as a talent/execution problem. The rs jr is not young.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Well wait now. One is a rs soph. One is a rs junior. And one is a rs fr

In real land that is a junior, senior and sophomore.

Its really not THAT big of a youth issue. If chamberlain could play worth a spit you would have a senior and junior at tackle. But the rs fr may he so good he locks down a spot. If he is that good again u dont have a youth problem imo. As much as a talent/execution problem. The rs jr is not young.
I don't care if "they are babes in swaddling clothes" if they can play the position well.I think they will struggle,if for no other reason, that they are inexperienced.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't care if "they are babes in swaddling clothes" if they can play the position well.I think they will struggle,if for no other reason, that they are inexperienced.

Well that may be moreso than not being in the system long enough etc. after 3-4 years in the program u should know wtf you are doing. What your learning curve is, is doing that at game speed. But u should know what you are doing.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
After watching what Greg Robinson did at the combine and during the season for Auburn I wouldn't have a problem with Shamire playing Left Tackle at all.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think our staff has a nice little problem on their hands, how to get the best players on the field at the same time in the best combination. It's much better than the alternative. The good news is that competition will settle things. The creme usually rises to the top when pressure is applied!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Chris Griffin is the key to this position. If he is as good as we hope, then we only have to worry about the other side. Here is how I have the guys ranked going into Spring:

Chase Roberts - if well
Nick Brigham - can play here or guard but I think he will play here first
Bryan Chamberlin - just got to hope he gets a lot better
Chris Griffin - the great hope
Tim Seager - walk on who needs to get in shape
Kyle Stallard - same as Tim
Trey Klock - probable redshirt
Jake Whitley - probable redshirt
Michael Preddy - probable redshirt
Zach Harness - a scout team fill in

Of the Freshmen I think Klock has the best chance of playing the soonest. Preddy and Whitley are both coming off of injuries they suffered in their Hi School senior seasons. All of these guys will jump Stallard and Seager if those two do not get in better shape.

Go Jackets!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Chris Griffin is the key to this position. If he is as good as we hope, then we only have to worry about the other side. Here is how I have the guys ranked going into Spring:

Chase Roberts - if well
Nick Brigham - can play here or guard but I think he will play here first
Bryan Chamberlin - just got to hope he gets a lot better
Chris Griffin - the great hope
Tim Seager - walk on who needs to get in shape
Kyle Stallard - same as Tim
Trey Klock - probable redshirt
Jake Whitley - probable redshirt
Michael Preddy - probable redshirt
Zach Harness - a scout team fill in

Of the Freshmen I think Klock has the best chance of playing the soonest. Preddy and Whitley are both coming off of injuries they suffered in their Hi School senior seasons. All of these guys will jump Stallard and Seager if those two do not get in better shape.

Go Jackets!
I think Whitley is a guard.