Spring Game

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I love how Michigan and OSU are canceling their spring game when you know damn well they aren’t going to cancel the season opener when the virus could possibly be even more widespread.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I love how Michigan and OSU are canceling their spring game when you know damn well they aren’t going to cancel the season opener when the virus could possibly be even more widespread.
We actually don’t know that at all... kinda strange to make that strong of an assumption this far out. Nobody really knows how this situation will play out.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I feel like missing the game would be bear, but at least CGC would likely find a way to brand it and make it exciting as video production goes Morpheus is a stud and if all of the spring games are closed and just televised then we could really use this as a recruiting tool.

Kids will see firsthand the difference between our production value and other schools where we will have a real edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
In the three counties around Seattle, Governor Inslee has asked that gatherings of more than 250 people be canceled until further notice. I imagine that’s going to be the standard for populous counties where the virus spreads. What’s somewhat interesting is that as of right now, it only applies to Pierce, King, and Snohomish counties. So theoretically, events could be moved to other counties. Maybe Auburn or Clemson would let us use their stadium.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
True but I feel like we are just at the tip of the iceberg

Given the stats I've seen this week, the country of origin is China, but the daily new infections are steadily decreasing each day. Given China's historically poor responses to humanitarian issues, I think it's reasonable to conclude the spread is clearly slowing in a country w a poor overall health system. Given the limited numbers of cases in the US and the response thus far, I would be shocked if this was just the tip of the iceberg and the virus will still be spreading come summer.

I could be wrong, of course, but I feel confident in what I stated above.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Given the stats I've seen this week, the country of origin is China, but the daily new infections are steadily decreasing each day. Given China's historically poor responses to humanitarian issues, I think it's reasonable to conclude the spread is clearly slowing in a country w a poor overall health system. Given the limited numbers of cases in the US and the response thus far, I would be shocked if this was just the tip of the iceberg and the virus will still be spreading come summer.

China basically locked down their entire country. Even cities that weren't greatly affected were effectively locked down. Neighborhoods have guards blocking entry for those who don't live there. People are getting groceries by special delivery. Thats how they got the numbers down. Brute force. Italy is trying to do the same now.

China basically locked down their entire country. Even cities that weren't greatly affected were effectively locked down. Neighborhoods have guards blocking entry for those who don't live there. People are getting groceries by special delivery. Thats how they got the numbers down. Brute force. Italy is trying to do the same now.
The ACLU would go bananas if we tried anything like that in this country.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Hope you are right but some epidemiologists are expecting a second wave in China once they let their guard down. Most are saying 3 months for this to run its course.