Spring Game on April 26 (Friday)

Coming inward on I-20W you're in better shape. You can avoid the 75/85 mess altogether by going to campus from Northside Drive.
I come in on I20 from Augusta. Best bet is to NOT take the downtown connector but stay on I20 one more exit to the Windsor St/Spring St exit turn right and stay on Spring till you get to W P'Tree. Then probably go all the way to 5th Street and turn left and go into the campus and head for the Peters Park deck. That's where I have parked the past 3 times I've been to the spring game.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
I come in on I20 from Augusta. Best bet is to NOT take the downtown connector but stay on I20 one more exit to the Windsor St/Spring St exit turn right and stay on Spring till you get to W P'Tree. Then probably go all the way to 5th Street and turn left and go into the campus and head for the Peters Park deck. That's where I have parked the past 3 times I've been to the spring game.
Agree. He's coming from Alabama so I was speaking coming from the West (guess should've said coming in I-20E).

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Lol don't know if that's real but ATL United is a big deal.

If Georgia Tech Athletic Association needs marketing assistance, they should case-study the folks at Atlanta United. Of course MLS and College Football aren't completely congruous -- we all come to the most wonderful city of Atlanta with our college allegiances in place, and also GTAA's pockets aren't as deep as Arthur Blank's. But for all the money and opportunity ATLUTD was given when they formed in April 2014, they have absolutely made the most of it.

Hell, I've seen great suggestions on this forum. I recall one suggestion of creating a "supporters section" for non-students. Out of however many season ticket holders we have, there have to be at least a section or 2 worth of people who want to stand for all 3.5 hours, screaming their heads off every defensive down in an environment surrounded by people who want to do the same thing. You've got 1 here who would sign up for that at least and other friends I can think of who would be interested. I haven't stood and screamed my head off every down since I was in SWARM because it's socially awkward to do so where I sit and admittedly I'm too self conscious to do that in the wine&cheese crowd. Props to those of you who give no ****s - I'm not there in life.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If Georgia Tech Athletic Association needs marketing assistance, they should case-study the folks at Atlanta United. Of course MLS and College Football aren't completely congruous -- we all come to the most wonderful city of Atlanta with our college allegiances in place, and also GTAA's pockets aren't as deep as Arthur Blank's. But for all the money and opportunity ATLUTD was given when they formed in April 2014, they have absolutely made the most of it.

Hell, I've seen great suggestions on this forum. I recall one suggestion of creating a "supporters section" for non-students. Out of however many season ticket holders we have, there have to be at least a section or 2 worth of people who want to stand for all 3.5 hours, screaming their heads off every defensive down in an environment surrounded by people who want to do the same thing. You've got 1 here who would sign up for that at least and other friends I can think of who would be interested. I haven't stood and screamed my head off every down since I was in SWARM because it's socially awkward to do so where I sit and admittedly I'm too self conscious to do that in the wine&cheese crowd. Props to those of you who give no ****s - I'm not there in life.
I love this idea!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Coming inward on I-20W you're in better shape. You can avoid the 75/85 mess altogether by going to campus from Northside Drive.

Last year we spent 45 minutes on the I-75 exit ramp to Northside Drive, as the traffic on Northside going south was not moving. Plan on a long drive on Friday afternoon after 4 PM.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Take Friday off and cruise into town on Friday afternoon. Check into the Ga Tech Hotel. Get 2 chili dogs walking and a FO. Head to BDS.

Man, it sure is easy to spend other peoples money:cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar:

I could afford it, but GT guys like me are stingy, so probably not going to pay over $200 for one night. I did look at that yesterday before you even sent this. :) I need a "promo code" - LOL

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year we spent 45 minutes on the I-75 exit ramp to Northside Drive, as the traffic on Northside going south was not moving. Plan on a long drive on Friday afternoon after 4 PM.
Yeah can be bad getting off I-75. Not usually going N from I-20 up to North Ave, Marietta, 10th.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow

I sit in the cheap seats and I usually am alone in my screams. My dad who goes with me puts up with my loudness...which I'm sure can't be heard on the field, but echoes up there when it's empty. :)