Spring Game on April 26 (Friday)

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Well, Friday night works just fine for me...but then again, I work on campus, so it's a ten-minute walk from my building—or a two-minute drive from my lot—to our tailgate spot at Peters Parking Deck.

Speaking of which, I'd be willing to host a GTSwarm tailgate, with food and such. For those who have to come in from off-campus, that might alleviate some of the hassle; all you'd have to do is bring along beverages of choice. @YJAlleyCat and I did this back in 2017 (?), and had a great time meeting those who were able to show up.

I'll also add that lots are usually open for parking 30 (or more) minutes earlier than the AA announces...so if they say 5:00, you should be fine if you show up around 4:30. This can help beat the on-campus traffic, at least. Also, looking at my calendar, I see that the 26th is actually the start of Exam Week, so campus lots are much less likely to be full late in the day; commuter students who do not have afternoon exams are likely to be off-campus well before rush hour.
We thoroughly enjoyed this...

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I know some will disagree, but I like that it's going to be on a Friday night again.

I'm with you on this one. I'm going to make every effort for me and my family to get out there. My 15 year old daughter, who hasn't been to a game since she was little, has been begging to get out to a game (though admittedly it's HER Saturday events that keep that from happening) and this is a perfect opportunity!

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I get the "under the lights/skyline" thing, but why Friday night over Saturday night? Not trolling, a legitimate question. Is there a concern about attendance on a Saturday night in the spring? As an out-of-towner within driving distance, I would probably come in for a Saturday night game, but making one on Friday will be a challenge.
Plus GT plays Clemson in baseball on friday night

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Have a convention in Stone Mountain that starts on that friday...will drop bags off and shoot downtown. Friday afternoon, heading into the city. Whats the best way to get there?

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Have a convention in Stone Mountain that starts on that friday...will drop bags off and shoot downtown. Friday afternoon, heading into the city. Whats the best way to get there?
You'll be fine. Just avoid I-75/85 by taking 78/Ponce de Leon all the way in town to North Ave (L to R at Juniper, iirc).

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Rock. I figured if CGC wants to play under the light, kick will be around 8pm 78/PDL would be the best bet.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I may try to attend, but if it were Saturday night, it would be a no doubter. I live about 3.5 hours away, but I am going to really think about how to make this happen. I have to be straight though about the fact that I don't want to deal with CRAZY traffic on a Friday night, so I am hoping to figure out another way.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
I may try to attend, but if it were Saturday night, it would be a no doubter. I live about 3.5 hours away, but I am going to really think about how to make this happen. I have to be straight though about the fact that I don't want to deal with CRAZY traffic on a Friday night, so I am hoping to figure out another way.
Coming inward on I-20W you're in better shape. You can avoid the 75/85 mess altogether by going to campus from Northside Drive.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Bobby Dodd is a particularly special place at night -- when there are 55,000 people in it. Don't know if the skyline alone can carry it through rough attendance. Few things to me are as memorable as 2011 vs. Clemson or 2015 vs. Florida State or 2017 ATLUTD opening game.

That said, I'm eagerly awaiting the 20 minute bike ride from Grant Park for the game.