Spring Game: My Thoughts

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
LETS KEEP HOPING FOR A FUN SPRING GAMES.
IF the make it worth the 5 hr drive, I will come early and bring steamed peeled de veined shrimp.

Need several volunteers for beer.

One for cheese and crackers .

One for paper goods.

Yes, the other smaller crowds have advantages for the attendees.
I don't want do disparage the past.
IF the new plan doesnt include the fan visits it would be a bad move.

2019 bring the into BDS

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I had rather see a QB complete 60% of their passes.
In 17 of the last 9 completed passes 5 went to gt and 4 to opponents.

I am fine w qb have a bad game but I want them to couple that w great game.

In 68 ish gt qb , Larry good , was so awesome we beat auburn away. He was 25 of like 28 and misses hit guys in helmet. We were woeful but he made games exciting.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I was at a game last year standing at the top of a section, looking for a friend who had told me they were in the section. No one is around me and the other friend standing with me, but then all of a sudden an elderly man starts yelling at us from about 20 feet away. "MOVE! YOU ARE BLOCKING THE WIND!" I'm not morbidly obese or a wall capable of blocking wind from that far away, so that got a major eye roll from me. There are definitely a lot of moody old farts at GT games. Been asked to stop standing many times as well.
Then, using your best James Brown impression, tell the complainer to Get Up!
56D863EF-258F-4433-9C5B-C278235A80BF.jpeg

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I remember spring games in the recent past. I'll start believing that the hype has some substance if a) I'm not rained on for hours on end and b) I'm not freezing my tail off. I doubt seriously if either of these will happen, but hope springs eternal.

Animal02

Banned
I was at a game last year standing at the top of a section, looking for a friend who had told me they were in the section. No one is around me and the other friend standing with me, but then all of a sudden an elderly man starts yelling at us from about 20 feet away. "MOVE! YOU ARE BLOCKING THE WIND!" I'm not morbidly obese or a wall capable of blocking wind from that far away, so that got a major eye roll from me. There are definitely a lot of moody old farts at GT games. Been asked to stop standing many times as well.
Probably Supersize. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah I know... Another:beer: on the tab. :p

Animal02

Banned
LOL
I stand when things are really getting exciting or the team needs as much visual and vocal support as possible. The only times I ask anyone to sit down is when they are just standing, doing nothing, and blocking the view. If they were yelling or cheering or pounding their feet, it would be fine. But just standing there? Sit the hell down.
I think CGC should come out and run half the plays as 3O....confuse both our oppenents and the hyper ventilating fans going into the fall :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Typically (past several seasons) the spring game was Friday before the Pi Mile 5k on Saturday morning.
This year the 5k is slated for April 13th.
Kiddo and I would attend the spring game on Friday then run the Pi mile the next morning.

I've sent msgs to the GTAA in hopea of having the spring game coincide with the race day.
Have spring game about mid day, the race festivities would be over and alot of the attendees like myself and kiddo would hang around for that.

I'm hoping this would happen.
With that being said, the spring game will possibly be 2nd wknd of April.

First day of camp I believe is March 26th