Spring Game Friday April 23rd

alagold

Helluva Engineer
With all the talk about building a brand, being innovative, being social media conscious... GT football is doing a pretty terrible job of promoting the game on social media. There hasn’t been a single tweet referencing the game since it kicked off. Not a single update, not a single highlight, not a single photo.

Out of curiosity I went back and looked at whether or not some other teams were posting during their spring games... they were. Some just posted score updates, some posted photos with stat updates, some posted full video highlights. Tech literally hasn’t posted anything. Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, LSU, Miami, etc. were all live tweeting their spring games like they were regular games. I just don’t understand how Tech can supposedly take pride in being unique and ahead of the curve when it comes to social media and just fall on our face when we have a chance to innovate.
Were ANY of the other games just TAG fball? I know at at Bama they tackled all-- but tagged the QB.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
List of Big Recruits at Game

MJ Morris '22
Mykel William's '22
Jack Luttrell '23 (Top ATH in his class)
Adaewoyin Tobi '25 (8th Grader who is apparently a stud)
Azareyah Thomas '22
Chris Martin '24 Top QB in class

Obviously there were many more recruits that showed up and saw the game, but these to me were the top dogs that were present. Anyone else that yall can think of?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Were ANY of the other games just TAG fball? I know at at Bama they tackled all-- but tagged the QB.
I'm sure they all have more depth, esp Bama, than we do. No injuries in a spring game is the goal. We only have a small handful from spring practice as a whole. I'll take a 99% healthy team headed into summer camps vs a 80% any day.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
With all the talk about building a brand, being innovative, being social media conscious... GT football is doing a pretty terrible job of promoting the game on social media. There hasn’t been a single tweet referencing the game since it kicked off. Not a single update, not a single highlight, not a single photo.

Out of curiosity I went back and looked at whether or not some other teams were posting during their spring games... they were. Some just posted score updates, some posted photos with stat updates, some posted full video highlights. Tech literally hasn’t posted anything. Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, LSU, Miami, etc. were all live tweeting their spring games like they were regular games. I just don’t understand how Tech can supposedly take pride in being unique and ahead of the curve when it comes to social media and just fall on our face when we have a chance to innovate.
Check the twitter feed today. Highlights galore. Seems that instead of bombarding everyone all at once, we are slow-rolling the highlights over days to stay top of mind.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Check the twitter feed today. Highlights galore. Seems that instead of bombarding everyone all at once, we are slow-rolling the highlights over days to stay top of mind.

Nah, they’re just live tweeting the “404 Virtual Replay” like it’s happening live instead of live tweeting the game yesterday. Which tbh, sounds dumber than not tweeting at all.

Why would you promote an event that’s already over instead of doing so while it’s going on? I thought the point of playing the game on Friday is to get more attention and be the “only show in town.” What good does being the only show going on do if you just pretend like it’s happening on Saturday anyway?

Last edited: