Spring Game Friday April 23rd

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
QB and Centers
Screenshot_20210423-174800.jpg

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
In other words ,you don't have a clue if its a real game with split squads or just a scrimmage.Thanks,though for the help..
"The game will be comprised of two 15-minute halves of high-energy action, with Tech’s offense squaring off against the Yellow Jackets’ defense. Points scored when freshman quarterbacks Jeff Sims or Chayden Peery are leading the offense will be credited to the Gold “team.” Points scored when sophomore Demetrius Knight or redshirt freshman Jordan Yates are quarterbacking the offense will be credited to the White “team.” Conversely, any defensive points scored against the offense when Sims or Peery are at QB will go on the White’s tally, while defensive points scored with Knight or Yates at the helm of the offense will be a part of the Gold’s total." - quoting from https://ramblinwreck.com/yellow-jackets-set-for-spring-game/

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
In other words ,you don't have a clue if its a real game with split squads or just a scrimmage.Thanks,though for the help..
Split teams.
Sims and Peery are team gold
Yates and Knight are team white.

Only thing that differentiates teams is QB. Defense is always in Blue.
All QBs are in all gold.
All other offense is in white.

Depending on which QB is on the field decides which team gets points.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
With all the talk about building a brand, being innovative, being social media conscious... GT football is doing a pretty terrible job of promoting the game on social media. There hasn’t been a single tweet referencing the game since it kicked off. Not a single update, not a single highlight, not a single photo.

Out of curiosity I went back and looked at whether or not some other teams were posting during their spring games... they were. Some just posted score updates, some posted photos with stat updates, some posted full video highlights. Tech literally hasn’t posted anything. Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, LSU, Miami, etc. were all live tweeting their spring games like they were regular games. I just don’t understand how Tech can supposedly take pride in being unique and ahead of the curve when it comes to social media and just fall on our face when we have a chance to innovate.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
With all the talk about building a brand, being innovative, being social media conscious... GT football is doing a pretty terrible job of promoting the game on social media. There hasn’t been a single tweet referencing the game since it kicked off. Not a single update, not a single highlight, not a single photo.

Out of curiosity I went back and looked at whether or not some other teams were posting during their spring games... they were. Some just posted score updates, some posted photos with stat updates, some posted full video highlights. Tech literally hasn’t posted anything. Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, LSU, Miami, etc. were all live tweeting their spring games like they were regular games. I just don’t understand how Tech can supposedly take pride in being unique and ahead of the curve when it comes to social media and just fall on our face when we have a chance to innovate.
I was working on campus today and school employees didn't even know it was today

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
That was fun. I’m not sure we know anything more about the team though other than we are starting to look the part. We’ve got some talent but our schedule is tough. The coaches all sound very optimistic about the guys we have.