Spring Game 2017...How will we know if we are good?

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
If our offense excels does that mean our defense is weak? Or if our defense excels is our offense weak? How will we know if we are good or bad?

What should we look for?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think if we play well against a quality opponent -- Tennessee -- in the first game -- and our quarterbacking looks solid, then we have a good chance of being good. It is waffling for sure, but Tennessee is going to be tougher than some on the board think. Boston College last season we were kind of okay and had to finish with another surge, so. I am trying really hard to look at Tennessee and Tennessee only, but the guys should be able to get up for their next-door neighbor. Don't remind me of Clemson.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I think if we play well against a quality opponent -- Tennessee -- in the first game -- and our quarterbacking looks solid, then we have a good chance of being good. It is waffling for sure, but Tennessee is going to be tougher than some on the board think. Boston College last season we were kind of okay and had to finish with another surge, so. I am trying really hard to look at Tennessee and Tennessee only, but the guys should be able to get up for their next-door neighbor. Don't remind me of Clemson.
Could be deceiving too. We beat the crap out of Notre Dame one year, and had an okay season. Turned out Notre Dame was a dumpster fire. Tennesee could be the same with Butch on the hot seat.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As the Skeptic says, we'll know (sorta) when we play UT. Most spring games don't tell you very much and this one will probably tell us less then most since so many players are being held out.

I'm going to be watching Nate Cottrell myself and the 2nd OL.