Spingola to return

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks. Being drafted 709th would be a very small bonus ..... so I expected Daniel to be back. We will really need his bat (and fielding), but mostly bat next year.

I'm still shaking my head at Josh leaving for only a $100K signing bonus. Oh well, he is a great kid from all I've heard and wish him the best.

Our D will be very good this year, pitching ok if Pitts and King come back strong. Hitting will be the biggest question and that's where Daniel will help the most. I've been reading that some of our guys are doing pretty good in summer ball. Fun to watch them come along and can't wait to see them in ACC play next year!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He's the only player of those drafted returning right?

True, but the big news to me was that our top commits for this year's class, Kel Johnson (OF) and Daniel Gooden (LHP) didn't get drafted. They were respectively ranked #47 and #143 nationally by Perfect Game. Many teams with "better" recruiting classes never see their stars. So we have top prospects hitting (Johnson) and pitching (Gooden). The pitching will take at least a year to develop probably, but we'll have him for three (unless he is old now).

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
True, but the big news to me was that our top commits for this year's class, Kel Johnson (OF) and Daniel Gooden (LHP) didn't get drafted. They were respectively ranked #47 and #143 nationally by Perfect Game. Many teams with "better" recruiting classes never see their stars. So we have top prospects hitting (Johnson) and pitching (Gooden). The pitching will take at least a year to develop probably, but we'll have him for three (unless he is old now).
Definitely excited about Johnson and Gooden