Special Teams

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It will be hit and miss this year. I have no idea if they we start this year. I kind of hope it doesn't matter cause we will score a TD every time.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm really excited about Harvin, and King, do they both start against Ut? Thoughts?

Depends on how they do in camp ..... I'm excited about them but have learned that college ball is different than HS. More so for O and D players but also for kickers. So I'll just wait and am hopeful for a big improvement in punting and just hope place kicking is close to as good.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Depends on how they do in camp ..... I'm excited about them but have learned that college ball is different than HS. More so for O and D players but also for kickers. So I'll just wait and am hopeful for a big improvement in punting and just hope place kicking is close to as good.

Harvin is likely the punter but there was a good showing by the place kicker in the Spring Game so I suspect competition in Fall Camp is on for King. One may kick off and the other could kick the short to medium field goals. As you say time will tell us more in the Fall.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
THIS. I hope the punter spends most of this season bored and on the bench.

I do think we will miss Butker. Before him, kickoffs were way too exciting in a bad way. And it was SO nice to just watch the ball sail through the end zone.
I think we have much better depth than we used to have and therefore better athletes on special teams.