Special Teams U!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Halftime Pittsburgh at Kansas City

Geez.... 7 punts in a half of football. Ouch!

Screenshot_20220116-214245_ESPN.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-213906_ESPN.jpg

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
As a Steelers fan, Harvin has been awful this year. I'm glad he had a good game, but I'm not sure if he'll be on the team next year. The sub they brought in for a few games when he was out was a great deal better.

I'm not sure why Harvin has struggled so much all year. Very inconsistent. You'll see a 60yd punt followed by a 30 and a 40

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
As a Steelers fan, Harvin has been awful this year. I'm glad he had a good game, but I'm not sure if he'll be on the team next year. The sub they brought in for a few games when he was out was a great deal better.

I'm not sure why Harvin has struggled so much all year. Very inconsistent. You'll see a 60yd punt followed by a 30 and a 40
His dad has been sick. Unfortunately, he passed 2-3 weeks ago. Maybe that has something to do with it.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Waller is no doubt the best. Mason if a solid pro. If I ranked them it would be Waller, Buckner, Mason then Harvin

I think you meant Butker. Waller is good no doubt but Butker is 2nd all time on FG % and therefore is a possible HoF guy if things do not derail due to injury or other factor. I am not sure if Waller projects to Canton right now but if I am wrong, please enlighten me.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I think you meant Butker. Waller is good no doubt but Butker is 2nd all time on FG % and therefore is a possible HoF guy if things do not derail due to injury or other factor. I am not sure if Waller projects to Canton right now but if I am wrong, please enlighten me.
I think it maybe closer than you think with Waller in the HoF. He has 2 1000 yard seasons in the NFL which is pretty good for TEs historically. If he can have 2-4 more seasons at that level he will at least get a look.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
There are only 2 pure place kickers in the NFL Hall of Fame, Morten Anderson and Jan Stenerud. Really high bar for PKs. TEs are fairly scarce as well, 9 total with only Tony Gonzales and Shannon Sharpe inducted in the 2000s; Place Kickers are lower value assets to teams than "receiving" TEs. Much easier to replace a PK with marginal drop off than an elite TE. Butker is excellent. Most teams would trade him for Waller in return in a heartbeat. They are both excellent. To get to the HOF they need a lot more great years!