Spain trip

GT_EE78

Banned
A mention about the upcoming trip in the AJC:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...a-tech-its-trip-spain/vwUmaBAc6o3A7483H6HvNJ/

Overall a pretty good read. Interesting to read that CJP is still looking for a big man backup to Banks. Maybe he will find a possible candidate during the Spain trip.
We know from the article what the drop dead date is for finding that backup center (Tech has an open scholarship, and Pastner will continue the search for a prospect (likely an international player) until the semester begins Aug. 19.)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don’t follow basketball like a lot of you guys so 2 questions please.

DD - “Immigration Status issues”? WTH?

In the link to the AJC article there was a another link in that article that said GT would not seek an immediate play waiver from NCAA on Usher? I don’t understand. He is playing this year after mid December right?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer

In the link to the AJC article there was a another link in that article that said GT would not seek an immediate play waiver from NCAA on Usher? I don’t understand. He is playing this year after mid December right?
Yes he will play after fall semester ends

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

He is in the US on a student visa. I don't know his specific status or all the logistics of a student visa but there are often times issues with leaving the country and gaining reentry. It certainly does happen with that visa but there are horror stories of times when it doesn't. No idea whether there is a specific issue or just general caution but I will say it isn't totally surprising.

Or it could simply be he has come on so strong that they are doing this to make sure no ACC coach has film on him to warn their players. Surprise attack when it counts at the start of the season. High level strategy :p

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Jon Bol Ajak (Syracuse) also can't leave the country due to Visa issues for their Italy trip. He's also on a student Visa.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The church towering over Reveno is Sagrada Familia. It's one of the most spectacular buildings you will ever see. Construction began in the 1800s and is hoped to be completed by 2026.

In time for the anniversary of the original ARCH. death (or birth)?

Tallest church in the world. Crazy beautiful.

It isn’t finished yet, but they have had to do updates, renovations, etc. for decades.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
In time for the anniversary of the original ARCH. death (or birth)?

Tallest church in the world. Crazy beautiful.

It isn’t finished yet, but they have had to do updates, renovations, etc. for decades.
The architect, Antoni Gaudí, worked on the building full time for 43 years. He was hit by a tram in 1926 in Barcelona and died. They hope to have the building completed in 2026 on the centennial of his death. He also designed La Pedrera, another famous building in Barcelona that is considered his next best work. I love Park Guell, a park in Barcelona that he designed. If you have time to enjoy the photos, Google these famous sites. Our players are getting wonderful opportunity to see a beautiful city.