South Florida playing now

LibertyTurns

Banned
This game has been a must win since September last year. Nothing has changed except both coaching staffs have seen major turnover. Lose this game and it’s going to be a loooooooooong 3 years.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
But we had a HOF coach last year (quoting you).

See this drives me nuts. There’s all this talk about “letting go” and not bringing up the old coach from those who think he sucked. But here, in this thread, where no one said anything good or bad about him, one of the loudest critics brings him up to jab another poster. And I see this more than I see the other way around happening.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
This game has been a must win since September last year. Nothing has changed except both coaching staffs have seen major turnover. Lose this game and it’s going to be a loooooooooong 3 years.
I don’t believe that at all. This is not all or nothing. We need to see incremental improvements as the season goes on. We don’t need ultimatums at this point, not helpful. Do I think we can/should win this game? Of course.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
USF isn't that good, but neither are we. I don't think we are really going to be as bad as Clemson made us look, but we'll see.

I’m afraid USF is gonna give us all we want next wknd. we’ll struggle to score buthopefully our D shows up and fixes some of the huge mistakes. Does USF still have that kick returner who killed us last year?

LibertyTurns

Banned
I don’t believe that at all. This is not all or nothing. We need to see incremental improvements as the season goes on. We don’t need ultimatums at this point, not helpful. Do I think we can/should win this game? Of course.
Not an ultimatum but this game is a program stabilizer, or not. This is a game that we should win, hands down. If we don’t the cloud over the program will linger and questions about staff competence will grow. My opinion and I’m sure it’s shared by others who are watching the team evolve looking for signs there some real actual positive change occurring.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Guys it will get worse before it gets better. Relax.
Guess I’ve just got a more business oriented approach than most. You don't get to waltz into a company you’re trying to turn around from mediocre to great, tell the boss I’m going to tank your results for 2+ years but trust me in year 3 or 4 you’re going to get a sign of the improvement coming. You only get to do that if you’ve got major buy in from leadership and normally a huge commitment of assets. I see some of that but don’t know we got the pockets for it. We’re going to need to double what we’re spending in order to move the needle significantly.

I still say this game’s a potential stabilizer. It will generate confidence among those ambivalent if we can win the next 3, then show continued signs of improvement later in the season. If we can’t beat USF or stumble in games 3 or 4, well it’s going to get sporty.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is a must win, imo. Clemson can be sluffed off with "But they're the defending national champions....." This game, no excuse will stick. Any excuse for a loss will be laughed off the board, well, after the tears have dried.

USF just got humiliated at home in a game their program had high hopes of being a program definer. If we struggle against this bottom feeder, what does that say about us?

That said, I expect us to win and do so handily.