Sorry won't miss Maryland at all

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Maybe its because i'm a young buck, but I won't miss maryland at all.

I really tired to pull for the ACC team, but I just couldn't with the terps. I'm glad they lost and hope the ACC goes 10-1.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Maybe its because i'm a young buck, but I won't miss maryland at all.

I really tired to pull for the ACC team, but I just couldn't with the terps. I'm glad they lost and hope the ACC goes 10-1.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Not at all, the arrogance of Maryland leading up and their departure from the ACC did not sit well at all with me.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
The ugly *** unis they've had for the past few years don't help either.... and just who would want a turtle for a mascot? Later twerps

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
Maryland made a bad decision IMHO. They anticipated the collapse and/or minimization of the ACC due to the rapid conference realignment at the time and the allure of a bigger payday from the BIG10. It is now very questionable if there will be a sustained benefit to them, regardless of the B10's current TV contract. I guess there is a little sentimental value as they were a founding member of the ACC, but they have been fairly irrelevant for some time in all the major sports. Plus there uniforms are a nightmare.

I'm glad we stayed put.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Maryland made a bad decision IMHO. They anticipated the collapse and/or minimization of the ACC due to the rapid conference realignment at the time and the allure of a bigger payday from the BIG10. It is now very questionable if there will be a sustained benefit to them, regardless of the B10's current TV contract. I guess there is a little sentimental value as they were a founding member of the ACC, but they have been fairly irrelevant for some time in all the major sports. Plus there uniforms are a nightmare.

I'm glad we stayed put.

They mismanaged their finances and thought jumping ship would be their best option, but that financial gain is dubious at best. Not to mention they will be paying $50 Million to the ACC. Poor decision making again and it may haunt them in the near future.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I was torn about cheering for them or not. In the end the ACC is not affected by their loss. They looked mediocre and will not enhance the big 10 at all. Good riddance and welcome to the ACC Louisville!

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Adios. They may make more money but they will have a tougher sell for football players from below the Mason Dixon line.

I'm not convinced they are going to make as much as they think. The Big 10 revenue is based off of projected subscription rates, if they don't get the amount they project or the people, their overall number won't be the same.

There may be a sticker shock to maryland in the coming years.

I am glad we stayed in the ACC.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
To Maryland I say.... Adios Ameoba!....

images
images

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually, I hope they do well as long as Randy Edsell is their coach. I like his disciplined approach at Maryland even though it cost him with a lot of players leaving the program. If a player does not want discipline, then the team is better off without that player. Edsell will eventually get his kind of players and will probably win. I think he did a very good job at Connecticutt. The program their has gone down since he left. I like his defensive agenda of being aggressive and going for the interceptions and causing fumbles. He did a good job the year he was at GT.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the Tech-Maryland game in 2012. The weather was crap and Maryland's starting QB was one of their backup linebackers because all of their actual QBs were hurt, and we were probably 4-4 or something like that. The turnout was still ok, far better than below, but it was still just a weird environment. And a boring matchup/game. I won't miss them.
Apparently it's already hell for their fans to attend home games. This was senior day against "rival" Virginia in 2011, and it was no better this year from what I saw:
terps_uva_medium.jpg

http://dc.sbnation.com/maryland-ter...hoto-state-of-maryland-football-in-1000-words

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
ACC needs to pick up UCONN and UCF, then realign North-South as life is meant to be.
Lord in Heaven - NOOOOOOOO.
The very last thing the ACC needs to do is add another yankee, non competitve team (especially if some phoney nonsense about TV coverage is mentioned by anyone) The ONLY exception might be PSU and that is it.

We can not survive by continuing to twist a knife we have put into our own back.

Can you imagine a sports Saturday like this - GT vs uconn / ugag vs UT / AU vs LSU / Vandy vs bama / CU vs vt / USC vs aTm and all the whining because we are not getting any coverage?