Someone talk me into going to the game Saturday night.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You need to change your game plan.

Book a hotel room near campus or near a Marta station and not some dump either.. Either find a young woman looking for a Sugar Daddy, find 35yo with 2 kids and a broken down car tired of living in a crappy area, a Cougar looking for a 3 month fling or some older gal trying hand onto what she used to be. If none of that works for you, go to www.rentahotbabe.com and buy you a night. Drink only good beer or $20/shot whiskey, have a nice pre-game steak dinner, you probably need a warm up beforehand with whatever you’ve arranged above, etc.

Sleep in after the win, get a little more action, shower up, read about our blow out win over a nice breakfast in the hotel. Nod at the other GT fans who are even more excited for our season. Drive home and repeat the process next weekend except start with breakfast in bed with your new found hook up.

Damn man, it ain’t that hard to enjoy life.
I just got married within the last month to a hot babe. Maybe I'd rather spend the long weekend in bed alone with her than with tens of thousands of other people. But your idea has merit if I can avoid all the SEC rednecks in town.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
If you go, you get to see a coach with no socks and skinny pants, 4th stringers dancing on the sideline and you never want to miss "MONEY DOWN!!!!!"

Also, there's a chance the power could go out at in the stadium if they flicker the lights like last year.

They do sell beer, so there's that.

And what are the odds of us losing to The Citadel, giving up 73 to Clemson and losing to Northern Illinois in back to back to back seasons as home??

I kid, I kid..... I'll be at the beach or I'd be there just like the last 45 years hoping this turns in to more Bobby Ross Georgia Tech than Bill Curry or Bill Lewis Georgia Tech. ;)

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Go if you are a Tech fan because fans help a team win and we need to fill as many seats as we can to win games. The team has been working hard all off season and we need to reward them and cheer them on with a big crowd before they take the field. Look forward to seeing you there.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I can’t in good conscience tell you to ignore your concerns, but if you are vaccinated and wear a good mask and maybe a pair of aviators, you should be able to minimize your infection risk. Also, you could do it to give a loud cheering voice for those of us who can’t make it to the game.
All that loud cheering is the main reason to not go, imho. But, if you are vaccinated and wear a mask, the risk of infection from the disease leading to dangerous consequences is low.

I'm still deciding myself; I'm 75 and even a minor bout could lead to trouble.

Update: Just looked at the AJC COVID dashboard. I'll be at home watching the game. Cheering loudly, of course.

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I forgot to add this. Aaron is always good on risks from the virus. See:

Again, I'm probably being over cautious. The vaccines offer good protection from the Delta variant and all the others. But … I want to minimize chances of infection.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I just got married within the last month to a hot babe. Maybe I'd rather spend the long weekend in bed alone with her than with tens of thousands of other people. But your idea has merit if I can avoid all the SEC rednecks in town.
We’ll there you go! Step #1 is in the bag with a little additional effort (I’m assuming as a smart GT Man you married “up”).

Now book that hotel room, make reservations at a nice place for an early dinner and go to town. Remember to take your wife home with you!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Covid is not a concern to me any longer. I'm not looking forward to driving to Atlanta and then walking half a mile to watch a what should be a non competitive game and then getting home after midnight.
Get it together man. A half mile walk is a concern? Nut up and go to the game, even if you just stay for the first half and watch the blowout. If for nothing else to celebrate the end of your COVID concerns.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I've had season tickets since 2009 and I have not missed a home game until last year, when I opted out because of covid concerns. However, right now I have no desire to go to the game Saturday night. I have always been super excited for the beginning of the season in the past. Give me some reasons to go.
Dude - we are all worn out over what has happened since spring 2020 but you need to step up. I think its great that you married a hot babe but that doesn't mean you should give up the things that were important to you before.

I've been around the block a few times - you can trust my advice. Go to the game, find a tailgate, introduce yourself and maybe offer something you brought or bought, enjoy some comradery, go to your seat with about 20 min before kickoff and watch the team. Then, when the RR and team come on to the field, remember that you are watching a program with FOUR national championships in FOUR different eras of college football. Then, look at the players and understand that most of them came here because they believed in CGC's vision. You know what? You are part of that vision - a fan of everything Georgia Tech stands for.

So, we understand you are having a bad day. Fine. Bad day is over. Get your *** down to BDS and do what needs to be done. You'll thank me later.

I expect a full report on my desk by Sunday.

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I forgot to add this. Aaron is always good on risks from the virus. See:

Again, I'm probably being over cautious. The vaccines offer good protection from the Delta variant and all the others. But … I want to minimize chances of infection.
I totally understand the cautiousness. I've gone back and forth on going due to covid risk and the lack of mitigation factors in place this year. But if history is a good indicator, the upper north will be pretty empty for a low-level nonconference game. My plan is to go say hello to the folks in my section since I've not seen them in 2 years, then head to a sparsely populated area in the upper north. I'm vaccinated but don't want to turn into a breakthrough case that infects my kids or an employee I've got that is immuno-compromised.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am so ashamed that I tried to talk you into going. I was wrong about everything I said. So so so glad you made the right decision and stayed home.
No worries. Some of the replies did have me questioning my mental health though. Then I thought to myself, screw it, I'm going to do what I want to do without feeling guilty about it. I remembered the words of a former Tech QB who said, "It's just a game, dog."