Someone talk me into going to the game Saturday night.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I've had season tickets since 2009 and I have not missed a home game until last year, when I opted out because of covid concerns. However, right now I have no desire to go to the game Saturday night. I have always been super excited for the beginning of the season in the past. Give me some reasons to go.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I've had season tickets since 2009 and I have not missed a home game until last year, when I opted out because of covid concerns. However, right now I have no desire to go to the game Saturday night. I have always been super excited for the beginning of the season in the past. Give me some reasons to go.
You're a Tech fan, we're on the verge of making a leap forward in our program, that first step is tomorrow night, under the lights in midtown Atlanta.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer

Take Prozac. The team is exciting this year, no need to provide reasons.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t in good conscience tell you to ignore your concerns, but if you are vaccinated and wear a good mask and maybe a pair of aviators, you should be able to minimize your infection risk. Also, you could do it to give a loud cheering voice for those of us who can’t make it to the game.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
If you're looking for reasons to be excited for the football team ( I won't address COVID concerns) I'll give a few:

- Seeing Jeff Sims, Mason and Jahmyr Gibbs working in an offense they have studied and practiced for a full offseason
- Look at this drive from the NC State game last year. I enjoy watching the Jackets ramble over their opponents and would expect to see a bunch of that Saturday night
- It's a night game in Bobby Dodd
- The best defensive line in I don't know how many years attack the opponent and harrass the QB
- Gibbs running the ball
- Gibbs catching the ball
- Mason pounding the ball
- Successful FG attempts and PATs

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I allegedly ate an edible and went to a game and sat in the student section when we beat Miami in 2014. It was amazing.

Maybe just do that. Allegedly.

It sounds like you already want to go though. GO GO GO FOR THOSE WHO CANT MAKE IT!!

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Covid is not a concern to me any longer. I'm not looking forward to driving to Atlanta and then walking half a mile to watch a what should be a non competitive game and then getting home after midnight.
MARTA is Smarta! Or park some place free and convenient (like a shopping center) and then Uber from the free parking to the game.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Covid is not a concern to me any longer. I'm not looking forward to driving to Atlanta and then walking half a mile to watch a what should be a non competitive game and then getting home after midnight.
If you want to be convinced that it will be a competitive game then just hop on over to the NIU boards where they think we're a bunch of cocky a-holes and their team is going to surprise the world.

LibertyTurns

Banned
You need to change your game plan.

Book a hotel room near campus or near a Marta station and not some dump either.. Either find a young woman looking for a Sugar Daddy, find 35yo with 2 kids and a broken down car tired of living in a crappy area, a Cougar looking for a 3 month fling or some older gal trying hand onto what she used to be. If none of that works for you, go to www.rentahotbabe.com and buy you a night. Drink only good beer or $20/shot whiskey, have a nice pre-game steak dinner, you probably need a warm up beforehand with whatever you’ve arranged above, etc.

Sleep in after the win, get a little more action, shower up, read about our blow out win over a nice breakfast in the hotel. Nod at the other GT fans who are even more excited for our season. Drive home and repeat the process next weekend except start with breakfast in bed with your new found hook up.

Damn man, it ain’t that hard to enjoy life.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This may sound off base but bear with me. Dealing with Covid the last 1 1/2 years has had a subtle damping effect on all our emotions. We have had to endure too many not fun changes to our routines and that doesn’t even count losing friends or loved ones.

So this is a situation where you owe it to yourself to take control of your own mental hygiene.

Make yourself go.

Chances are the sight of other excited fans will be infectious. Maybe not at first but it will wear your complacency down over time. Then there’s the color (your favorites), seeing young people in their prime, seeing ancient fans who still are a class act and bring the weight of historical gravitas, hearing your favorite trumpet intro, hearing the public address system and glancing at the Jumbotron, and sitting in a stadium that is nothing less than living history.

Go and you will feel better. If not, get some heavy meds.

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
3) There are only one or two night games at Bobby Dodd a year. Most likely this is a meaningful percentage of the chances you'll have left in your life (having no idea how old you are.)
That is a hell of a way to think about it. I get that way seeing old friends from high school sometimes. Most of my friends from high school and I moved to various cities around the country after college, and every time I do have the chance to see one of 'em, I wonder how many get-togethers we have left throughout our lives. Less than 50? Less than 10? Just weird to think about with guys you used to see five days a week. For that matter, I lost my earliest friend (we met in pre-school) when he was just 26. You just never know.

All that is to say you're right! When you lay it all out, the youngest of us have maybe 50 seasons left we can be pretty confident we'll be around for, so maybe 100 night games. That's before you consider the possibility of other obligations taking some of those away. I'm fortunate to live in town and catch just about every home game (unless someone schedules a damn wedding lol), but if I had to prioritize games to make as an out-of-towner, the night games would definitely be high on my list. Just a different atmosphere.

Can't wait for Saturday.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I see the words that are written there but the meaning of those words escapes me. The phrase "I can't get excited about GT Football", is a statement in which those words in that order do not have a logical meaning. It is simply gibberish.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Go or stay home and listen to your wife trying to watch on TV ( as for me I would go )