Someone in media thinks GT will win the division

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
XeE0Btz.jpg

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Is anyone as astounded as I am that UNC got 27 votes to win the division? And equally astounded that every year multiple writers pick them to win?

I also noticed that some people cannot give up on VPI winning the Conference.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Is anyone as astounded as I am that UNC got 27 votes to win the division? And equally astounded that every year multiple writers pick them to win?

It happens so much I am not astounded anymore.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

Not nearly as astounded as the number of votes Duke got. Are they serious?...we are essentially voted to be in the very bottom of the ACC. If that doesn't motivate our team, then nothing will!

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Just as we are due a win against VT, and miami some time soon, I think we are due a loss against unc also. They played well to close out a season last year. I hope this is not the year we fall to them, though.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Out of 112 people, only 1 vote for GT to win the Coastal, My guess is that it was Heather Dinich..

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Not nearly as astounded as the number of votes Duke got. Are they serious?...we are essentially voted to be in the very bottom of the ACC. If that doesn't motivate our team, then nothing will!

This blows me away.......how many years in a row have we beat them?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This blows me away.......how many years in a row have we beat them?

We beat Duke last season...but they ended winning the division and going to the ACCCG.

I think we'll beat Duke and UNC again this year, but it doesn't necessarily mean we'll finish above them. Remember, had crazy things not happened a few years back, UNC and not us would have gone on to play FSU in the 2012 ACCCG.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Clemson will beat FSU this year and win the ACC. Any FSU fan that wants to PM me and give me 50:1 odds can do so.

We should be a lot better than 5th or 6th in Coastal. But we have to show it on the field. We have hashed out the predicted Coastal standings, but the odds that are implied by these rankings show the underlying silliness of it all.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Clemson will beat FSU this year and win the ACC. Any FSU fan that wants to PM me and give me 50:1 odds can do so.

We should be a lot better than 5th or 6th in Coastal. But we have to show it on the field. We have hashed out the predicted Coastal standings, but the odds that are implied by these rankings show the underlying silliness of it all.
You need 50:1 odds. Are you sure that you think Clemson will win?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If people bring up CPJ and the 7 win equilibrium every year, they also need to recognize that GT under CPJ has an average finish in our division of 1.7...that's pretty darn good.

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
If people bring up CPJ and the 7 win equilibrium every year, they also need to recognize that GT under CPJ has an average finish in our division of 1.7...that's pretty darn good.
I think that speaks to the poor play in the ACC and not necessarily how good we are.