1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Someone in media thinks GT will win the division

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by cyptomcat, Jul 21, 2014.

1. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

2. xenoabe

xenoabe Ramblin' Wreck

I love that UNC is always projected above us and pretty much never finish that way.

3. cyptomcat

Also looks like we will play 4 of the 5 ACC POY candidates. And likely all 5. :p

4. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

I think GT wins the Coastal, and if we do, then JT has a great chance at ACC POY.

GT Man and augustabuzz like this.
  5. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

Is anyone as astounded as I am that UNC got 27 votes to win the division? And equally astounded that every year multiple writers pick them to win?

I also noticed that some people cannot give up on VPI winning the Conference.

vamosjackets likes this.
  6. Ash

Ash Helluva Engineer

It happens so much I am not astounded anymore.

7. pinglett

pinglett Helluva Engineer

Not nearly as astounded as the number of votes Duke got. Are they serious?...we are essentially voted to be in the very bottom of the ACC. If that doesn't motivate our team, then nothing will!

Bruce Wayne and UgaBlows like this.
  8. Stinger90

Stinger90 Helluva Engineer

They done stirred up a YellowJacket nest with our guys. I will enjoy watching our team prove the "experts" wrong again.

GT Man and Yoda like this.
  9. ramblinvak

ramblinvak Helluva Engineer

Just as we are due a win against VT, and miami some time soon, I think we are due a loss against unc also. They played well to close out a season last year. I hope this is not the year we fall to them, though.

Yoda likes this.
  10. nod

nod Helluva Engineer

Out of 112 people, only 1 vote for GT to win the Coastal, My guess is that it was Heather Dinich..

11. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

Because she likes to jinx us?

12. UgaBlows

UgaBlows Helluva Engineer

This blows me away.......how many years in a row have we beat them?

pinglett likes this.
  13. YJAlleyCat

YJAlleyCat Helluva Engineer

You'd think at some point they would get tired of being wrong about us every year, but they never seem to learn.

GTpdm and GT Man like this.
  14. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

We beat Duke last season...but they ended winning the division and going to the ACCCG.

I think we'll beat Duke and UNC again this year, but it doesn't necessarily mean we'll finish above them. Remember, had crazy things not happened a few years back, UNC and not us would have gone on to play FSU in the 2012 ACCCG.

15. Squints

Squints Helluva Engineer

Look at who they played to close out their season. That they played well isn't a coincidence.

poodleface and augustabuzz like this.
  16. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I think Clemson will beat FSU this year and win the ACC. Any FSU fan that wants to PM me and give me 50:1 odds can do so.

We should be a lot better than 5th or 6th in Coastal. But we have to show it on the field. We have hashed out the predicted Coastal standings, but the odds that are implied by these rankings show the underlying silliness of it all.

17. cyptomcat

You need 50:1 odds. Are you sure that you think Clemson will win?

Bruce Wayne likes this.
  18. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

If people bring up CPJ and the 7 win equilibrium every year, they also need to recognize that GT under CPJ has an average finish in our division of 1.7...that's pretty darn good.

19. xenoabe

xenoabe Ramblin' Wreck

I think that speaks to the poor play in the ACC and not necessarily how good we are.

20. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I had the same thought; he isn't confident he just likes a good bet and knows a Seminole fan is dumb enough to give him one.