Some Interesting Stats

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Here are some stats from the Pitt game to ponder:

TFLs: Pitt: 7, GT: 0. We are losing the battle in the trenches. Other teams are storming our backfield and we don't have the blocking to keep them out or the skill players to make them pay. 0 TFL for our defense is just sad.

Rushes: Pitt: 43, GT: 40. Pitt played a very smart game. They ran the ball A LOT (more than us? Wha?), and it kept the ball out of our offense's hands (who played much better overall). I know you have to account for their TE and good WR, but I wish we would have sold out more to stop the run.

Yards per rush: Pitt: 4.7, GT: 9.7. How in the world do we average 9.7 yards per rush and still lose the game?

TD pass/Int: Pitt: 3/0, GT: 1/1. Voytik was a tough guy, but Pitt has found their QB in Peterman. He made good throws and smart decisions all day. Thomas started well, but when they knew we were going to throw, they brought the house at him and he couldn't do a whole lot. Also, towards the end of the game, his passing was off (injury maybe?)

FGs: Pitt: 1, GT: 0. Difference of the game was one blocked FG and one incredible 56-yarder.

And finally, as another poster pointed out, here is the record of the 5 teams we just lost to: 26-4. Talk about a tough run of games!

I believe we still have the coaching and the talent to turn things around, but we need to clean some things up quick. Another top-10 undefeated team is on the horizon.

Go Jackets, win or lose.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Agreed. It was encouraging seeing our offense move the ball well this game. The last drive of the first half and the first drive of the second half killed us. Had we scored both times, we could have potentially been up by two touchdowns.

We have talent at running back, unfortunately their inexperience and lack of consistent blocking is hurting us. We still need to find a true go-to WR. I'm hoping Philpott is that guy next year. If we can find that #1 WR, with a healthy Searcy and Lands-Davis, our passing game could be lethal next year as these guys are arguably the best receiving A-backs we've had here.

We are certainly not as bad as some on here are saying. Our record sucks, but we aren't wake forest or Boston college. This team just needs to learn how to win.