Some good things at Pitt

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
62 BI showed he can have some good plays at r t. On one long run play he blocked his man to the ground twice.

12 has as they say about a tackler that hits = when he hits you , you feel like his has "lead in his pants". Was very agile in tight quarters to 1. GET AROUND BLOCK . 2. GET IN HOLE. 3. HIT HARD AND WRAP UP.

In second half Ol fired off line as unit.

M Carter looks good as a catching WR especially in sure passing situation. Perhaps in those situations we could have 3 wr and 1 ab.

Defense line pushing hard and getting improved qb and run pressure WITHOUT stunting or twists. Gives hope we can dial up some pressure.
I know we got a holding call !!!

The young safeties/ stingers are doing good job on some of wide runs . 44 true freshman Jackson had a good play but after that, I did not see him.

I feel better.
Try it u will too.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
62 BI showed he can have some good plays at r t. On one long run play he blocked his man to the ground twice.

12 has as they say about a tackler that hits = when he hits you , you feel like his has "lead in his pants". Was very agile in tight quarters to 1. GET AROUND BLOCK . 2. GET IN HOLE. 3. HIT HARD AND WRAP UP.

M Carter looks good as a catching WR especially in sure passing situation. Perhaps in those situations we could have 3 wr and 1 ab.

Defense line pushing hard and getting improved qb and run pressure WITHOUT stunting or twists. Gives hope we can dial up some pressure.

The young safeties/ stingers are doing good job on some of wide runs . 44 true freshman Jackson had a good play but after that, I did not see him.

I feel better.
Try it u will too.
Although i really don’t see anything overall positive about today, somehow i feel better because my expexrions are now reduced to zero.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

I feel better.
Try it u will too.

You’re not wrong my friend. We are working on the things we need to in order to improve. I had high hopes for this season during the spring with all the returning guys we had on O and the new direction on D. I’m still optimistic we can make improvements and start playing up to our expectations. The season is longer than a single game.

I love my life by a few maxims. One that helps today is:
Control what you can; for things beyond your control, control the way they make you feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Jerry reminded me of another thing that was good at Pitt -- but is really commonplace at all gt games. It's the play of LG Parker Braun. He is a natural.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, Parker is great. Malachi needs to play a lot more. So does Bruce. I really hate hearing "we need to get him on the field" or "he's a great athlete" about guys who don't get PT. Easiest problem to solve in sports.

I'm also kinda wondering if Juanyeh shouldn't get some touches on O. And if for whatever reason Bruce is sitting behind BM (I don't care what position he's slotted, @ me) why not mix him in on O too. At this point, it does feel like "the coaches see them every day in practice" maxim doesn't apply.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
I think one of the biggest positives is in our final drive, we went 99 yards, mainly passing in an obvious passing situation.

Oh yeah, and the defense held Pitt to 3 points in the second half.

There aren’t many teams we’ll beat when we spot them 21 points...

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I really don't know you but do you really want a Tech fan to walk away ? That doesn't sound like you in the past.
I never want a fan to walk away, far from it. I was addressing the fact that @GT_05 was actually getting madder and there are just times you have to pull yourself away from a situation for awhile and give yourself some breathing room. NEVER, EVER WALK AWAY FROM GT.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Young DB's look real good, I like watching K Carpenter, he's big time player.
Also Mason and Howard played well at B-back.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I never want a fan to walk away, far from it. I was addressing the fact that @GT_05 was actually getting madder and there are just times you have to pull yourself away from a situation for awhile and give yourself some breathing room. NEVER, EVER WALK AWAY FROM GT.

The losses from the last two weeks have been so disappointing that I haven’t been able to watch the replays to do my usual “autopsy”. It isn’t even the “L” as much as it is the way we are getting the “L”. I just don’t understand the things that I’ve been seeing on the field during the past two years and I don’t remember this stuff in past seasons. I wrote off 2015 as injury-filled and I knew we would be back and we were. Right now, I just don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I stopped watching for much of the second half and it gave me a distorted view of the game. Having read all the commentary, I don't feel nearly as bad. I see two major problems. 1) Early road game lethargy and 2) inexperience in the passing game.

Many, many times we don't begin to play with any energy on the road. On both sides of the ball we got off to a slow start. That put us in a hole. I don't know what can be done about it. We have done it for years with different generations of players.
But it leaves the impression that we are a worse team than we really are.

Taquan does not have much game experience with passing. He is not a great thrower anyway, and the fact that we don't pass a lot doesn't give him that many opportunities. When he is pressing he throws it way high. Likewise our receivers don't get a lot of game day pass catching experience. So you have Camp trying to run before securing the ball. At least three times we would have won that game with a normally doable throw and catch.

Our problems are not that big. Taquan and the receivers simply must keep practicing and playing games and it is very likely both will get better as the year goes along.

Our won-loss record is not likely to be good this year after pissing away these two games. But we often win at least one we have no business winning. In order to get any enjoyment out of this year I'm going to look for the big win and look for how much we have improved by the end of the year. If we manage enough wins to get to a bowl, that would be icing. This year if we play NE Idaho in the Preparation H Butthurt Bowl I'll be happy to see us go.