Some Current Baseball News

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Kel Johnson has enrolled at Mercer in Macon and will play baseball there this year. Got this from a Dad who has a kid on the Mercer team. Wonder what prompted the move? Mercer has a Medical School if I am not mistaken.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Kel Johnson has enrolled at Mercer in Macon and will play baseball there this year. Got this from a Dad who has a kid on the Mercer team. Wonder what prompted the move? Mercer has a Medical School if I am not mistaken.
Good for him. It probably was the medical school that drew him there. I also think that we probably have better bench and DH options for next year.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Was never the same after that injury his freshman year. The one where the UNC guy decided to stomp his ankle at 1st base.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Was never the same after that injury his freshman year. The one where the UNC guy decided to stomp his ankle at 1st base.

I think it was more than that. He got better his So year and then started falling off.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=193692

For a fun comparison, look at his Cape Cod data for two years and then his Sun Belt league data. Shows how much more competitive the Cape Cod league is (duh).