Some 2017 schedule updates

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
GT will be playing at the new Suntrust field on Tuesday May 9 vs uga. As per usual, we also play them in a home and away series. We travel to WF and host UNC. Also have the home and away matchup vs Auburn.

I found these from the opposing schools schedules as GT has not yet released the schedule.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's some I've been able to piece together from other schools sites:

March 10-12 @ Miami
March 14 Oklahoma
March 17-19 UNC
March 21 Auburn
March 24-26 @ Wake Forest
April 4 @ Auburn
April 7-9 @ Notre Dame
April 11 @ UGA
April 13-15 Louisville
April 25 UGA
May 9 UGA at SunTrust Park
May 12-14 @ Duke
May 18-20 Virginia

Clemson and Pitt series will both be at home. VT series will be in Blacksburg. I'm sure we will have Kennesaw State, Ga State, Mercer, and Ga Southern all on the schedule for weekday games. Probably just leaves 2-3 weekend series' before the Miami series.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Clemson and Pitt series will both be at home. VT series will be in Blacksburg. I'm sure we will have Kennesaw State, Ga State, Mercer, and Ga Southern all on the schedule for weekday games. Probably just leaves 2-3 weekend series' before the Miami series.

We definitely will have the Coastal opponents...VT and Pitt on our schedule; but is Clemson a certainty? We did not play them in 2014. I'm not sure how the cross-divisional opponents are scheduled. It seems it is not like in FB where there is/are some permanent opponents.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Our schedule is one of the last to be published in the conference...along with VT, Clem, BC. Based on rest of ACC published schedules and filling in logical blanks, it appears this is our weekend series schedule once conference play begins...in order. I hope I have this right and I'm not spouting bad info.

@MIA
UNC
@WF*
CLEM*
@ND*
LOU*
@VT
Non-Conf/OFF
PITT
@DUKE
UVA

*Atlantic
ACC teams not scheduled (FSU, NCST, BC)

I'd consider this a 'favorable' schedule...road opponents (except MIA) are typically middle to bottom of conference. Strong HOME slate. If I lived in Atlanta, I'd be excited about seeing some great college baseball at "The Rusty C"!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our schedule is one of the last to be published in the conference...along with VT, Clem, BC. Based on rest of ACC published schedules and filling in logical blanks, it appears this is our weekend series schedule once conference play begins...in order. I hope I have this right and I'm not spouting bad info.

@MIA
UNC
@WF*
CLEM*
@ND*
LOU*
@VT
Non-Conf/OFF
PITT
@DUKE
UVA

*Atlantic
ACC teams not scheduled (FSU, NCST, BC)

I'd consider this a 'favorable' schedule...road opponents (except MIA) are typically middle to bottom of conference. Strong HOME slate. If I lived in Atlanta, I'd be excited about seeing some great college baseball at "The Rusty C"!!

Agree that this is an easier schedule playing at home. And that should improve the ACC standings which is the most important aspect ..... make the ACC tourney and do well, then get high seeding in NCAA...........

We just have to win!

Fortunately the RPI isn't the biggest factor for seeding in the NCAA. At least that's my impression from the last few years ........ it's going to be harder to run up the RPI since the RPI can gives you a 1.3 credit for a road win and only a .7 credit for a home win. Specifically, "Bonus points are awarded for beating top-75 non-conference opponents on the road and penalty points are given for losing to bottom-75 non-conference opponents at home. Bonuses and penalties are on a sliding scale, separated into groups of 25, with the top bonus for a road win against a top-25 team and the worst penalty for a home loss to a bottom-25 opponent.[3]"