Solomon Poole: Last year in 245 minutes...

Mr. Keen

Banned
he shot a total of 5 free throws.

Last night for Florida Atlantic in his 1st game - he scored 23 points in 19 minutes - including 4-7 from the free throw line. That means he is shooting free throws 17 times as frequently as he did at GT last year. Admittedly, it is only one game and it was vs. Stetson, but still... What it does reflect, though - is how the "Gregory System" works: Everyone plays the same minutes / Squelch any individual achievement / Focus on rebounding and defense.

Translation: BOOOOOOOOOORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Has anyone EVER scored 23 points for GT under Gregory???

P.P.S. I hope Red is wrong in that Gregory still has a shot at returning - based on his performance this year. Cut bait a.s.a.p. - nice guy / reps GT well / - enough is enough already.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
On another site they would immediately say "this thread is going places" and use popcorn eating emoticons.

Here, I think most will kinda scratch their heads, shrug, and then "avert their eyes" to another thread post-haste.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes. Solomon Poole scored 24pts last year vs. Ole Miss.

http://beta.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400502699

@Bruce Wayne - thanks for the great idea. Heading over to GoJackets now to start this thread.

giphy.gif

Mr. Keen

Banned
YOU'RE RIGHT - good one, but, man-o-man I think we can count on one hand how many times a GT player has scored 20 points or more under Gregory. I could be wrong - but, it seems very rare.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'm not much of a basketball expert, but it seems to me that the Hawks also do not feature individual players, in a league that actually encourages that. And they seem to be doing pretty well these days with a style that focuses on ball movement, sharing, and letting the open man shoot.

My guess is that it is not the style of offense you/we dislike, but the execution of same.