Softball

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Softballers survive after blowing a 7-0 early lead, score 2 in top of 7th to take 9-8 lead, then miraculously survive a none-out bases loaded jam (pop up and line out DP) to hold on for the win. Two wins today vs Penn State & Kent, both one-run squeakers.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Softballers survive after blowing a 7-0 early lead, score 2 in top of 7th to take 9-8 lead, then miraculously survive a none-out bases loaded jam (pop up and line out DP) to hold on for the win. Two wins today vs Penn State & Kent, both one-run squeakers.
Quality pitching remains elusive for our softball program.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Quality pitching remains elusive for our softball program.
Really - The Penn State game had a fairly similar script. Blew a 6-2 lead, then scored in the bottom of 7th to win it. Best pitched game of the tournament so far was a 2-0 loss Friday to Boston U. Much like last year’s baseball team, no lead appears safe with this pitching staff.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Got a split today - beat Kent State again, then lost to Charlotte. Pitching and defense the downfall as usual in the second game - got off to 2-0 start, fell behind 3-2 in bottom of 1st, tied it up at 3, then two HR’s by Charlotte to win it. Three- run shot with 2 out in bottom of 6th ruined any chance of another 7th inning comeback. Neleman yanked in bottom of 1st after walking first two batters on 8 pitches.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I have a question for any of you in the know. Over the summer I thought I read about us getting a couple of transfers. One was Cayden Baker fro Texas A&M. The other was a pitcher (can't remember the name) that I believe came from a Big 10 school, I wanna say Michigan. Now I don't see either of them on the roster? Where did they go?