Softball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Voyles and Norton were amazing yesterday:
1709987161222.png

NC State committed 4 errors which helped us win in extra innings, but our pitching was amazing.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
Haven't watched a lot of softball since my daughters graduated, but have caught several games so far. Played a fairly tough schedule early on and played well in most of those games. Fun group to watch.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
GT made quick work of NC State today to get to 6-0 in the ACC. 10-2 win in 5 innings. I like where this program is headed. Now we just need to start beating the really good teams. 0-5 against ranked opponents from my cursory review.

I suspect we'll have a lot of opportunities to change that in ACC play.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
GT made quick work of NC State today to get to 6-0 in the ACC. 10-2 win in 5 innings. I like where this program is headed. Now we just need to start beating the really good teams. 0-5 against ranked opponents from my cursory review.

I suspect we'll have a lot of opportunities to change that in ACC play.
Those losses occurred in a season opening tournament in Clearwater, Fl. We played well overall, but a misplay here and there cost us those games. It took us a little while to get our feet underneath and steady. I would love to play those teams again right now.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Those losses occurred in a season opening tournament in Clearwater, Fl. We played well overall, but a misplay here and there cost us those games. It took us a little while to get our feet underneath and steady. I would love to play those teams again right now.
Hoping we play those teams in late May and June.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Lost to UGA today 6 - 3. Starting pitcher gave up three runs in the 1st and that was that. Relief pitcher comes in after two innings and proceeds to walk 5 and give up another 3 runs. I appreciate the team battling hard. But I just absolutely hate having our 15 game win streak broken by UGA (even if they are #5 in the country). Looking at the box score, it seems that all of the UGA damage was done by the 3 and 4 hitters.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Looks like we slid back a little this weekend. I think we stuck with Blake at pitcher for too long. If we mix it up sooner we probably win the game yesterday.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Looks like we slid back a little this weekend. I think we stuck with Blake at pitcher for too long. If we mix it up sooner we probably win the game yesterday.
Weak pitching remains our Achilles heel. Plus, we were 7-0 start against teams who were a combined 1-12 in the ACC. Weakest teams in the league.

I'm afraid with out pitching we're a below 0.500 team in the ACC even with some outstanding hitters.

Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck

Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone know the status of Gracyn Tucker? She was doing so well before her injury.
Late as heck to respond to this but figured I'd at least share in case people haven't seen. She's still in a sling as of today's game against Louisville. Knowing how conservative Tech as a whole is at bringing people back from injury, I'd guess they will not bring her back unless absolutely necessary at this point considering we're still hitting quite well.