So who's pumped about today's game against Florida State?

Atomic Jacket

Banned
Well that was thoroughly humiliating. But I'm not sure any realistic Tech fan expected anything different.

"It's a process." --Brian Gregory

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Well that was thoroughly humiliating. But I'm not sure any realistic Tech fan expected anything different.

"It's a process." --Brian Gregory
It would be a process if he were doing anything to help them out some. I have a feeling that Lebron James would have a tough go of it in this offense. Any decent defensive team can slow it down enough to win. There isnt much more improving you can do at this point. This is about as good as the CBG experiment is gonna get in the ACC.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Wow, we need someone to coach the wuss out of our players. They were out run, out played, and out hustled. The worst part is they just let it happen. I can take a loss, I'm a GT fan, but can't stand lack of effort.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
All year we have heard "their legs are tired" or "they are running out of steam the end of the game." What kind of conditioning program do they have? Do they share Coach Sisk with the football team?

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
All year we have heard "their legs are tired" or "they are running out of steam the end of the game." What kind of conditioning program do they have? Do they share Coach Sisk with the football team?
Its not a conditioning problem as much as its the lack of warm bodies to give you much rest. You just arent as good in the 39th min as you are in the 1st five minutes. When the other team is subbing in fresh bodies and you just dont have the players to throw out there. Weve just now got enough players to be taken seriously... Before that it was a crap shoot. Im not excuse making because im ready for a new voice in the program but he still got dealt a crappy hand regardless.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Its not a conditioning problem as much as its the lack of warm bodies to give you much rest. You just arent as good in the 39th min as you are in the 1st five minutes. When the other team is subbing in fresh bodies and you just dont have the players to throw out there. Weve just now got enough players to be taken seriously... Before that it was a crap shoot. Im not excuse making because im ready for a new voice in the program but he still got dealt a crappy hand regardless.
This shows a lack of preparation. When CBG arrived, his first priority should have been recruit D1 guards. He failed and now look at what has happened. Yes he was fooled by Solo and Bolden, but that is part of the job. Recruiting failures can only fall on one person and that is CBG. He failed at a time when he could not afford to and that is sad, but facts are facts. Instead of recruiting little iron head, he should have gotten ACC talent for that spot and if he thought little iron head as a player, then that only shows he has not got the eye to spot ACC talent. Unfortunately, these players are giving him everything they have and that is not good enough for the ACC. Unless Jackson and the rest of the new faces are world beaters, next year won't be as good as this year. Tech is close to rock bottom and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
This ^^^ is much more of the issue that the "coaching".
There have been good offensive sets that the shot just didn't go down.
Theyre just not good looks. Maybe 25% of our shots would be considered good looks... if that. Plus im begining to wonder why we hesitate on open looks so much when we actually get them. A step slow and very robotic. FSU isnt that good and they just humiliated us.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FSU is considered a bubble team and a 1st 4 out by Lunardi. That makes them not that good?

Also, their length yesterday was pretty amazing. Hard to buy a bucket on the interior and the refs certainly didn't seem inclined to help us. I think we had plenty of silly fouls, but I'm not so sure they shouldn't have been called for more.

I agree that we need to quit the hesitation on open shots. Rather we put them up & miss than miss the opportunity to take them in the first place. That said, I think we're getting open looks on many shots we do take.

Our perimeter defense was somewhat poor last night, allowing VERY open 3s, which FSU canned.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
FSU is considered a bubble team and a 1st 4 out by Lunardi. That makes them not that good?

Also, their length yesterday was pretty amazing. Hard to buy a bucket on the interior and the refs certainly didn't seem inclined to help us. I think we had plenty of silly fouls, but I'm not so sure they shouldn't have been called for more.

I agree that we need to quit the hesitation on open shots. Rather we put them up & miss than miss the opportunity to take them in the first place. That said, I think we're getting open looks on many shots we do take.

Our perimeter defense was somewhat poor last night, allowing VERY open 3s, which FSU canned.
Im not saying they are awful but being on the bubble isnt anything spectacular. The length killed us for sure. How do they get 3 7 footers? Geez. Yea i think they shot over 30 FTs last night. We didnt foul them that much. Ur spot on with the lack of passion on D, that many wide open 3s is unexcusable. Were in bad shape with no end in sight. Pretty embarassing.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Actually, for what's been a tough season, there is an end in sight... about 3 more games.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Blah. Just makes football offseason that much longer when the bball team sucks. Maybe the Hawks make the playoffs or keep losing and get a lottery pick

I'm a Knicks fan, so frame up how my hoops season has been.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
:) Hawks fan here. At least we have some hope that we have a good system in place. Any chance Dolan lets go of his stranglehold on your franchise?

Speaking of Hawks I doubt will be in the lottery and while I love the talent of those young guys how you feel about either PJ Hairston or KJ McDaniels from the mocks I've seen they will be available in the teens.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
:) Hawks fan here. At least we have some hope that we have a good system in place. Any chance Dolan lets go of his stranglehold on your franchise?
If you looked up the word insanity in the dictionary and it's defined as doing the same thing over & over again, expecting a different result, Dolan's picture is assuredly there. He needs to learn from the examples of other teams in the league. Blow up the team and rebuild a real foundation for long-term success. If we're losing anyway, better that we're losing with what's going to be our future than mostly recycled parts.

Do the Hawks need a potential character issue in PJ Hairston? nbadraft.net has him as a high-ish 2nd rounder. I'd suggest you just stay away.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Speaking of Hawks I doubt will be in the lottery and while I love the talent of those young guys how you feel about either PJ Hairston or KJ McDaniels from the mocks I've seen they will be available in the teens.

Agree we'll probably sneak in as a sacrificial lamb to IN or MIA and thus cost ourselves a lotto pick. Not sure why but I have no recollection of Hairston as a player. I do like McDaniels though. Kinda Andre Igoudala-esque in a good way. He's certainly worked his way to being a much-improved player.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you looked up the word insanity in the dictionary and it's defined as doing the same thing over & over again, expecting a different result, Dolan's picture is assuredly there. He needs to learn from the examples of other teams in the league. Blow up the team and rebuild a real foundation for long-term success. If we're losing anyway, better that we're losing with what's going to be our future than mostly recycled parts.

Do the Hawks need a potential character issue in PJ Hairston? nbadraft.net has him as a high-ish 2nd rounder. I'd suggest you just stay away.

Agree on Dolan. I imagine he's going to overpay for some more FAs rather than building organically as you suggest. Like you said, insane. Can't just throw money at the problem anymore.

I'd totally forgotten Hairston was that UNC kid. I'll pass. I don't expect much from Roy's boys at the next level. Seriously have any of them panned out? Felton is unimpressed by my question.

feltyawn.gif

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Wow, we need someone to coach the wuss out of our players. They were out run, out played, and out hustled. The worst part is they just let it happen. I can take a loss, I'm a GT fan, but can't stand lack of effort.

I'm not sure we got out-hustled.we had 18! Off rebs according to stat sheet.That is amazing if it wasn't because we shot so badly.