So who leaves? Attrition.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Now that ink is dry on the 2020 class, the roster stands at 95 scholarship players. Simple math tells you at least 10 guys will move on after the spring. Ajani Kerr is still not listed on the website roster, but that could be a mistake.

Ajani Kerr went through Senior day this past season. He’s done

HelluvaPE

Georgia Tech Fan
Now that ink is dry on the 2020 class, the roster stands at 95 scholarship players. Simple math tells you at least 10 guys will move on after the spring. Ajani Kerr is still not listed on the website roster, but that could be a mistake.
It’s 93, not including Kerr and not including Bryce Gowdy even though he’s on the website roster.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I could see GT leaving Gowdy on the roster as a way of honoring him, then the NCAA penalizing us for being one over the roster limit. :mad:

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I could see GT leaving Gowdy on the roster as a way of honoring him, then the NCAA penalizing us for being one over the roster limit. :mad:
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Gowdy was listed on the roster for the next 4 years, and honored on senior day with the rest of the 2020 class. Sorta like what happened with Big B this year.

HelluvaPE

Georgia Tech Fan
Wouldn’t put anything past those knuckleheads, but of course the website roster isn’t what matters, it’s the 85 scholarship limit. Sad as it is, Gowdy won’t ever actually be on scholarship.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

You can put him on the roster as a walk on. the 85 limit is just on scholarships most teams have around 100 or a little more with walkons.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Let's just say it. We're not just turning the page from CPJ. We're turning the page from Bobby Dodd.

Honestly, if it means more wins and top 10 teams, I'll probably learn to be good with it. I like Tech winning.

Still, I think it should not go without comment that 60 years of standing against what oversigning means for the SAs is now over. "Everybody does it" has now buried "what's right."

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Let's just say it. We're not just turning the page from CPJ. We're turning the page from Bobby Dodd.

Honestly, if it means more wins and top 10 teams, I'll probably learn to be good with it. I like Tech winning.

Still, I think it should not go without comment that 60 years of standing against what oversigning means for the SAs is now over. "Everybody does it" has now buried "what's right."
If you don’t realize this has always happened I can’t help you.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer

I felt that in my bones. I wasnt around during Dodds Era, but I know enough about this program and the man himself, through years of research to understand exactly where you are coming from. The one aspect of Coach Dodds philosophy is have fun and that is what we are doing now. I can guarantee you that CGC has read all of Dodds books.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Attrition and what some would call processing has always happened at GT, but indeed, I don't recall PJ signing numbers to account for it....for whatever reason.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If you don’t realize this has always happened I can’t help you.
Dont waste time on thisguy.
He is a professional debater! and does a good job on many issues but for some reason he cant come to the conclusion that " the talk " has always occured. It's been pointed out numerous times that in the cpj years we had 47 players leave/ attrite in one 4 year period and about 40 in another equal period. Hell at the start of cgc period there were only 6 seniors that played on the starting team.

New subject for research.

Recently Cgc has said that ncaa has some special scholarship exceptions provisions for periods of transition. Perhaps we can be flexible with the 85 number during this period.