So who knows anything about BC

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I will admit I have only watched a few minutes of them so I don't know anything. I do see we are favored by 3.5 but that's it.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I know nothing about them either, but I’m glad and a bit surprised to hear that we are favored in a road game over a team that is 3-1 in conference and just beat uva.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
In an interview posted on ramblin wreck yesterday, Pastner was praising their coach as one of the best offensive coaches in the country. Hope our defense is ready.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking at their record, they’ve got losses to Belmont, DePaul, St. Louis, and Richmond and a 39 point loss to Duke. Then they beat UVA.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
9-6 overall. Other wins include: ND, Cal., & by 14 at USF.
Their HC is Jim Christian, who had a lot of court savvy when he played.

Derryck Thornton, a 6’3” Grad.Trf. leads them in scoring at 13 ppg and leads in assists, from his Guard position.Sheffon Mitchell is their inside force, around 6’8” Jr. & he gets almost 9 rpg. with 2 1/2 steals pg. and 1 block pg. Nik Popovic is a 6’11” Center, gets almost 12 ppg. Jay Heath is the 6’3” off-Guard, true-Freshman getting 12 1/2 ppg.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Thus game worries me. A lot.
It should, and it needs too!
Waiting to see if Jekyll or Hyde shows up in White & Gold?

@dtm1997 must beeee catching an early matinee movie with an ice cream trip before our game? He usually starts these threads. Please don’t make us send @kg01 out there with the little one, to find him.

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It should, and it needs too!
Waiting to see if Jekyll or Hyde shows up in White & Gold?

@dtm1997 must beeee catching an early matinee movie with an ice cream trip before our game? He usually starts these threads. Please don’t make us send @kg01 out there with the little one, to find him.

I'm watching Grandma's Boy. Happens to be on.

I've been to Conte Forum. What a friggin dump.

BC has several pieces that will cause us trouble, which @Buzzbomb already pointed out. It will all come down if we come out with the energy we've come out with the past two games. Also, won't hurt if some of BC's key players are still injured (Popovic & Thornton have had recent injuries).

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just nosing around - their offensive wizardry has them next to last in points per game (raw / unadjusted) and only slightly ahead of us in 3PT FG % (recognizing both suck). Defensively they are 2 PPG better than us (meh). We are tied with them being the only 2 ACC teams with a negative point differential overall.

When you look at conference only stats not much difference but it is interesting for us that in raw stats we are 4th in the league in PPG and 14th in the league in Points given up per game. Backwards of our vision of what GT is and I expect due a lot to the high end teams we have played so far and the pace we have played at with them.

One thing that does stand out perusing the ACC stats is that they do not rebound the ball well. If we pound the boards the way we did at Duke we can do some damage.

Guess we will see

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Pop is out and so is Thornton (they were both out over the win on UVA. I watched the UVA game and in that game to me it seemed like they were hustling on the glass. Jay heath played surprisingly well and I don’t think he played like that all season. Making big plays on the offensive end and defensive end causing Keihei Clark to look really uncomfortable down the stretch. Their glue is Steffon Mitchell, he reminds me a lot of draymond green. If we take care of the ball and rebound the way we did against Duke we should be ok.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Just nosing around - their offensive wizardry has them next to last in points per game (raw / unadjusted) and only slightly ahead of us in 3PT FG % (recognizing both suck). Defensively they are 2 PPG better than us (meh). We are tied with them being the only 2 ACC teams with a negative point differential overall.

When you look at conference only stats not much difference but it is interesting for us that in raw stats we are 4th in the league in PPG and 14th in the league in Points given up per game. Backwards of our vision of what GT is and I expect due a lot to the high end teams we have played so far and the pace we have played at with them.

One thing that does stand out perusing the ACC stats is that they do not rebound the ball well. If we pound the boards the way we did at Duke we can do some damage.

Guess we will see

Kenpom numbers (national rankings):

GT
Offensive efficiency: 208
Defensive efficiency: 27
Tempo: 105 (GT was in the 200s the last 2 years)

BC
Offensive efficiency: 234
Defensive efficiency: 76
Tempo: 97

BC's rebounding percentages are bad, as you surmised, O is 275th, D 277th.

Overall rankings are GT 85th and BC 132nd.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Looking at their record, they’ve got losses to Belmont, DePaul, St. Louis, and Richmond and a 39 point loss to Duke. Then they beat UVA.

So you're saying that we have no way of knowing what to expect from BC. Sort of like GT. Should be interesting.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
You must be a young man. Anyone that’s been around a while knows that no GT game is ever in the bag. Just when you think you’ve got us figured out, we’ll prove you wrong.
Ha, hardly I graduated in 1990. I just think this team has too much talent not to make the tourney (provided we can go).