So what you think? Who plays as a freshmen?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I say
Emmanuel Bridges
Jordan Woods
Brandon Branch

Play next season.
Branch may even compete to start.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I'll go with Adams and Woods since DL is always a huge need for us. Also, at least one of the WRs will get real PT.

It's hard to imagine any of the QBs or RBs playing given the amount of returners we have in the backfield.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'll go with Adams and Woods since DL is always a huge need for us. Also, at least one of the WRs will get real PT.

It's hard to imagine any of the QBs or RBs playing given the amount of returners we have in the backfield.
Agree on the running backs and I would think in order to even play as a freshman one would have to show extraordinary ability. Same at QB. But WR? It would be hard, learning the system and learning to block big boys on the other side, but if a couple of them with outstanding speed show up it might not be a stretch to say at least one true freshman will start. We need speed to get some downfield separation. D line? Lord, somebody step up, please.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I've got high hopes for Philpott, but if he can't step up, we need a receiver that can take the top off the defense. Camp might be that guy. He is already about the same size as Smelter and has some wheels. He might be our most underrated recruit.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't think a WR gets on the field. People forget about Howell and Philpott. These guys are gonna have to be beaten out first to get in line behind Jeune, Steward, and maybe Messick.
You're right, I did. Good point. I don't care if Ted Roof is out there if he can run a 4.4 40. Can he?

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
I think there's more talent in this class than some others on this board do. My lofty predictions by position:

WR- Jalen Camp- (physical, good routes-best film of all at WR imo)
DB/S- Ajani Kerr (nose for the ball, physical, size)
DB- Jair Hawkins-Anderson (long with 4.4 speed)
OL- Kenny Cooper (big, strong, quick step)
DL/DE- Desmond Branch (size, versatility)
DE/OLB- Jordan Woods (long, 100m sprinter, played safety in 7x7s)

Wild card: BB- Dedrick Mills (big, physical, cuts well; could move up depth chart quickly if MLD stays at AB)

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm really excited about Adams; love Branch as well.

Hope Adams works his tail off and they coach him up, I think he's a steal.

Not sure if they start, just wanted to comment.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dolphus's coach said something that bodes well for WRs with his skillset that are looking for early playing time:

“He likes their style. He fits their mold. He’s a beast and a physical receiver. He’s 6-foot-5, over 200 pounds, well put together and he’s physical. Not only is he physical, he runs an extremely polished route, he can double-move you, and he’s very unselfish. He fits Georgia Tech because he’s unselfish and he blocks extremely well.

WR has become the glamour position in our offense due to the WRs we put in the NFL, but the reality is, you HAVE to do the dirty work in this offense to get on the field. Sounds like this guy is more than willing to, and with his size and speed, could get on the field.

I still have high hopes for Philpott. Sounds like he would have seen the field if not for an injury during fall camp that set him back during the season. He's 6'3 WR that has legit track speed.

I know one thing. Our WR position will be DEEP over the next few years. Can't wait to see them all mature along with our talented AB group...and add a QB like Lucas Johnson? Pretty pumped up just thinking about it.