So Saturday...

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
With the emphasis Bobinski has been putting on image, I wonder what his plans are with the Russell partnership. Xavier used Nike for their basketball unis, so I wonder if he has a preference for Nike, or if this Russell partnership is so good money wise, that we have to put up with these ridiculous designs.
Agreed, I'm curious to see what direction he goes. However, it might be a few years before we see any of it bubble up to the fans level.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Uni threads are better than 'Stanford is better than us' threads

I am a fan of Nike, but to get a fat paycheck we need someone else like Adidas or Under Armour. Nike already has the state with UGA so we need to look to another brand that wants to penetrate the Atlanta market IMO. I would be happy with Nike pro combat and CJ81 logos like they use the Jumpman logo for UNC basketball though. I just don't think Nike will match Russell $ because frankly they don't have to.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a coach at the school I work at so I regularly order uniforms and keep up with what is out there. Quality wise I have always found Adidas uniforms to be the best. To me Nike is of about the same quality as the Russell stuff (although usually better looking). Under Armour stuff is nice but usually more expensive than it should be.

mqpayne

Jolly Good Fellow
We wore navy blue jerseys versus Nebraska in the Citrus Bowl and won the 1990 National Championship. I am sure jerseys don't make a difference but we looked great that day.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
With the emphasis Bobinski has been putting on image, I wonder what his plans are with the Russell partnership. Xavier used Nike for their basketball unis, so I wonder if he has a preference for Nike, or if this Russell partnership is so good money wise, that we have to put up with these ridiculous designs.
Not sure the uniform decisions should be blamed on Russell. They've been making our uniforms for a long, long time. They made them during the CCG era and the O'Leary era which most people were very satisfied with. They also made the 2006 throwbacks, which everyone loved. So, it's not like they can't make a great looking uniform.

I've heard that since CPJ has been here, the players choose the designs.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I'll give our guys the benefit of the doubt that they weren't presented with many good options. I don't think the players are designing the uniforms themselves, simply choosing among options. The fact that Russell presented the terrible options in the first place is a problem. I'll learn to like any uniform as long as we win in them

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
When you have this much discussion and controversy over what your football team wears, you really don't have a uniform. A uniform is something that you wear consistently over an extended period of time. We basically whore our self out to some idiot down there that thinks it's funny to make our team look like a clown softball team. If Bobinski or Johnson whoever is in charge down there had the balls to make a decision and stick to it, we may actually be able to market our program with a consistent brand. Until that happens, you might as well sit back and wonder what will come running out of the tunnel next. Maybe this year they will paint the Ramblin Wreck in a psychedelic pink.

Go Jackets!