So Saturday...

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been reading in different places that NCAA banned using patterns for numbers on jerseys. If this is true, it may be the best thing the NCAA has done in a while.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I have been reading in different places that NCAA banned using patterns for numbers on jerseys. If this is true, it may be the best thing the NCAA has done in a while.
It could backfire, we might have complete unis full of chickenwire with solid numbers over top of it.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I have it on good authority that our jerseys will be new.... Our jerseys will have have the following.

1) Mismatched gold tones. Nothing screams GT tradition more than our multi shades of Gold, all woven for that distinct multi-colored hue. You might be a little leery, but trust me, our jersey's will POP on those HD TV's.

2) The numbers will NOT be the traditionally black numbers. Why in the world would you continue to do something that looks nice and can be seen by all parties. They will be a solid yellowish color that blends into some of the fabric of the jersey. They are being referred to as "Ninja" numbers because they can only been seen by a certain few individuals.

3) Cool striping that makes us look like a Indoor football team...Please see any google image of a IFL team and you will see hints of what we will see on Saturday.

4) Hexagon pattern on the helmets. YES YELLOW JACKETS MAKE THIS, it's not just for bumble bee's.

For the love of God, I hope I am wrong... I wish nothing more than for GT to come out with our traditional jersey's, but alas I know its a fool's dream.

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
So what you're saying is:

I have it on good authority that our jerseys will be new....

That was an "informed" guess.

Our jerseys will have have the following.

1) Mismatched gold tones. Nothing screams GT tradition more than our multi shades of Gold, all woven for that distinct multi-colored hue. You might be a little leery, but trust me, our jersey's will POP on those HD TV's.

2) The numbers will NOT be the traditionally black numbers. Why in the world would you continue to do something that looks nice and can be seen by all parties. They will be a solid yellowish color that blends into some of the fabric of the jersey. They are being referred to as "Ninja" numbers because they can only been seen by a certain few individuals.

3) Cool striping that makes us look like a Indoor football team...Please see any google image of a IFL team and you will see hints of what we will see on Saturday.

4) Hexagon pattern on the helmets. YES YELLOW JACKETS MAKE THIS, it's not just for bumble bee's.

And that is wild speculation.

Correct?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think the kids should choose their uniform design every year and everyone else should shut up and stop belly-aching about it.

If the kids don't get to choose, then the football alums should. This should actually satisfy most of the vocal fan base.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
I have it on good authority that our jerseys will be new.... Our jerseys will have have the following.

For the love of God, I hope I am wrong... I wish nothing more than for GT to come out with our traditional jersey's, but alas I know its a fool's dream.

What exactly are our traditional jerseys? I know of several from several eras (shoot several from the last decade alone).

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Our most professional/traditional uniforms in my memory were Chan Gailey era. And I am fine with those.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
I think my point was well made with 2/3 different answers to the question. However, the article that GTrob21 convinced me. I also like the Chan era ones, but the ones from that article use the official gold and would look very sharp. I would really like us to go in that direction and help make it part of GT's brand.

That being said, I've always liked the blue unis :). But I'm a young GT alumnus, so what do I know.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
With the emphasis Bobinski has been putting on image, I wonder what his plans are with the Russell partnership. Xavier used Nike for their basketball unis, so I wonder if he has a preference for Nike, or if this Russell partnership is so good money wise, that we have to put up with these ridiculous designs.