So Saturday...

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Sean311, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Sean311

Sean311 Helluva Engineer

You think they will unveil new uniforms?

2. ramblinvak

ramblinvak Helluva Engineer

I have been reading in different places that NCAA banned using patterns for numbers on jerseys. If this is true, it may be the best thing the NCAA has done in a while.

3. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

It could backfire, we might have complete unis full of chickenwire with solid numbers over top of it.

4. GTrob21

GTrob21 Helluva Engineer

I have it on good authority that our jerseys will be new.... Our jerseys will have have the following.

1) Mismatched gold tones. Nothing screams GT tradition more than our multi shades of Gold, all woven for that distinct multi-colored hue. You might be a little leery, but trust me, our jersey's will POP on those HD TV's.

2) The numbers will NOT be the traditionally black numbers. Why in the world would you continue to do something that looks nice and can be seen by all parties. They will be a solid yellowish color that blends into some of the fabric of the jersey. They are being referred to as "Ninja" numbers because they can only been seen by a certain few individuals.

3) Cool striping that makes us look like a Indoor football team...Please see any google image of a IFL team and you will see hints of what we will see on Saturday.

4) Hexagon pattern on the helmets. YES YELLOW JACKETS MAKE THIS, it's not just for bumble bee's.

For the love of God, I hope I am wrong... I wish nothing more than for GT to come out with our traditional jersey's, but alas I know its a fool's dream.

5. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

Shhh, don't give them ideas.

6. stevo0718

stevo0718 Jolly Good Fellow

So what you're saying is:

That was an "informed" guess.

And that is wild speculation.

Correct?

7. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

It was sarcasm stevo

8. GTrob21

GTrob21 Helluva Engineer

Glad AE 87 got it....

9. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

I think the kids should choose their uniform design every year and everyone else should shut up and stop belly-aching about it.

If the kids don't get to choose, then the football alums should. This should actually satisfy most of the vocal fan base.

10. gtpkt

gtpkt Ramblin' Wreck

What exactly are our traditional jerseys? I know of several from several eras (shoot several from the last decade alone).

11. gt13

gt13 Ramblin' Wreck

Our most professional/traditional uniforms in my memory were Chan Gailey era. And I am fine with those.

12. GTrob21

GTrob21 Helluva Engineer

13. Sean311

Sean311 Helluva Engineer

@trimble1989 New unis for this season? DS: Stay tuned, but we'll definitely have throwbacks for the Va Tech game.
    7:21pm - 27 Aug 13

This was part of the "Ask David Sims" thing on twitter. Sounds like we will!!

14. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

"What exactly are our traditional jerseys?"

White jersey's and gold pants. Anything else is heresy!

15. D-man44

D-man44 Helluva Engineer

Can we just go back to our basic unis from chan era

IronJacket7 likes this.
  16. gtpkt

gtpkt Ramblin' Wreck

I think my point was well made with 2/3 different answers to the question. However, the article that GTrob21 convinced me. I also like the Chan era ones, but the ones from that article use the official gold and would look very sharp. I would really like us to go in that direction and help make it part of GT's brand.

That being said, I've always liked the blue unis :). But I'm a young GT alumnus, so what do I know.

GTrob21 likes this.
  17. Blumpkin Souffle

Blumpkin Souffle Bidly Biddington III

3 days until we get a break from uni threads!

gtpkt likes this.
  18. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

if only

19. GTrob21

GTrob21 Helluva Engineer

Uni threads are like cockroaches, they never die

20. ramblinvak

ramblinvak Helluva Engineer

With the emphasis Bobinski has been putting on image, I wonder what his plans are with the Russell partnership. Xavier used Nike for their basketball unis, so I wonder if he has a preference for Nike, or if this Russell partnership is so good money wise, that we have to put up with these ridiculous designs.