So Far, New Baseball, Little Difference

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they started the season a little later. But that's another matter.

As far as the new ball being used, I liked to wait to see at the end of the regular season and post-season to may a fair assessment

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hasn't helped Gonzo. :(

Helped a lot of other players on our team ..... through 12 games this year, we've scored 96 runs (only 77 earned). Through the first 12 games last year, we only scored 61 runs. So it seems the greatly increased scoring is only for us ........and........

This year our opponents have scored 61 runs (52 earned). Last year our opponents scored 39 runs.

So both GT and our opponents are scoring 50%+ more runs this year. But on the good side, we are 9-3 this year compared to 7-5 last year........ gotta like that new ball if not the weather (it's sleeting here again, love getting an inch of ice of the windshield in the morning).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Note that strikeouts are up also. That will depress run scoring and BA and offset some of the HR effect.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Note that strikeouts are up also. That will depress run scoring and BA and offset some of the HR effect.

I saw that and figured it was more the weather or just typical year to year variability ..... I thought the lower seams were supposed to give the pitcher less movement. I agree that the increased SOs are offsetting the HRs though....... for most teams that aren't GT or our opponents!