So... can we raise money like this????

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20190628-223230_Chrome.jpg

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah... I said the same thing...

And we thought we were doing well with our fund raising hahahaha.

We need these deep pockets to really open up! Branding better come with some checks from new donors!!!!

We also need a lot of folks to step up for $10, $100, or $1000 a year also. Every dollar matters and everyone should be doing whatever they can.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
We also need a lot of folks to step up for $10, $100, or $1000 a year also. Every dollar matters and everyone should be doing whatever they can.
Agreed!!!! This year I decided for the foreseeable future I'll donate 200 a year. Hopefully life will bless me and I can do more soon!

I think we forget you don't buy championships, but it certainly doesn't hurt the program to have assets!!!!

Yeah... I said the same thing...

And we thought we were doing well with our fund raising hahahaha.

We need these deep pockets to really open up! Branding better come with some checks from new donors!!!!
Well, we are essentially just getting started, since it was, for the most part, ignored for years. And Clemson has been doing this like forever. We may never catch up, but we can sure improve a lot

Agreed!!!! This year I decided for the foreseeable future I'll donate 200 a year. Hopefully life will bless me and I can do more soon!

I think we forget you don't buy championships, but it certainly doesn't hurt the program to have assets!!!!
I have already given 200 this year, plus the ticket fee. I'm afraid I am going to have to pass on any more giving for this year. But I will hopefully do 200 a year plus the ticket fee until I can no longer make the games, at which point I won't pay the ticket fee, but will hopefully be able to cover that with direct giving over 200.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I have already given 200 this year, plus the ticket fee. I'm afraid I am going to have to pass on any more giving for this year. But I will hopefully do 200 a year plus the ticket fee until I can no longer make the games, at which point I won't pay the ticket fee, but will hopefully be able to cover that with direct giving over 200.

My tickets don't require a fee sitting in 101, well they didn't use to. I think it is small now. About $25 now.

I think if everyone gave 5 dollars a month it would raise some serious money. They could easily do a give away. 5, 10, 15 dollars a month club can win a day on the flats with coach, waffle house gift cards, GT swag only given to players and staff. That would draw some serious attention I believe.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Thank you for doing what you can. It's all any of us can ask of each other to support the programs.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My tickets don't require a fee sitting in 101, well they didn't use to. I think it is small now. About $25 now.

I think if everyone gave 5 dollars a month it would raise some serious money. They could easily do a give away. 5, 10, 15 dollars a month club can win a day on the flats with coach, waffle house gift cards, GT swag only given to players and staff. That would draw some serious attention I believe.

I think rather than doing a giveaway, which costs the GTAA part of the money they're trying to raise, folks should be giving because they want to see GT Athletics amass the resources needed to compete at a high level.

It's really that simple. Don't look for giveaways. Don't look for an ROI on a passion project. Give because the resources improve our ability to compete. Period.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think rather than doing a giveaway, which costs the GTAA part of the money they're trying to raise, folks should be giving because they want to see GT Athletics amass the resources needed to compete at a high level.

It's really that simple. Don't look for giveaways. Don't look for an ROI on a passion project. Give because the resources improve our ability to compete. Period.

I agree completely, but if that worked we would of kept up with other teams. We will see if this new regime gets wallets to open up.

But my idea is literally giving very little back. I'm talking like a 50 dollar waffle house gift card. Maybe 25. Hopefully you'll have over 2,000 people sign up for $5 a month, which is 10k. You could even do $100, $50, $25. You pay $175 to receive $9825. I'm sure they would take that any day. Heck I'd sign up. That's less than half a netflix subscription. I'd sign up for $10 a month. To give myself another ticket in the drawing.

LibertyTurns

Banned
In less than 3 GT will raise $125 million. That could very well ballon to $350 - $400 million on 6.
We launched AI 2020 in June 2018 & have raised $85M towards a goal of $125M by Dec 2020.

I understand all the small ball comments, ie get $100 here & $100 there, but if we’re going to raise significant $$ we need to do what we did and that’s for example getting $5M from the Fuller Callaway Foundation, etc.

I was very critical of Peterson because of his dismissive attitude towards athletics & not putting an end to the crap GT foists upon our student athletes, but he was successful fundraising for academics. We need the same capability for athletics. We have just not had, correct me if I’m wrong here GT longer tenured fans, anyone since Homer Rice that really got it. I was not real engaged in the earlier 90’s because I was off other places & not sure whether we lost steam in the aftermath of the National Championship or the game changed & GT couldn’t keep up, but it’s clear we have not had an AD that could rake in the $$.

Say what you want, but losing the arms race is probably 2/3 of what ails GT athletics. You can bring in great soldiers, arm yourself with master tactical Generals, a cadre of Gunny & Master sergeants, and a lot of awesome foot soldiers below them. But if you give them knives to go to a gun fight, their character, drive & determination will not last long and your ability to adapt & overcome will be limited.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree completely, but if that worked we would of kept up with other teams. We will see if this new regime gets wallets to open up.

But my idea is literally giving very little back. I'm talking like a 50 dollar waffle house gift card. Maybe 25. Hopefully you'll have over 2,000 people sign up for $5 a month, which is 10k. You could even do $100, $50, $25. You pay $175 to receive $9825. I'm sure they would take that any day. Heck I'd sign up. That's less than half a netflix subscription. I'd sign up for $10 a month. To give myself another ticket in the drawing.

We haven't kept up because none of the Ads before Stansbury put together a cohesive vision for fundraising.

We haven't kept up because Sasquatch hated talking to people and LazyAD thought it was better to focus on operating revenue than building the endowment.

You want giveaways? Fine, but folks really need to be focused on how each dollar supports the programs, not trinkets & gift certificates. They waste resources.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We launched AI 2020 in June 2018 & have raised $85M towards a goal of $125M by Dec 2020.

I understand all the small ball comments, ie get $100 here & $100 there, but if we’re going to raise significant $$ we need to do what we did and that’s for example getting $5M from the Fuller Callaway Foundation, etc.

I was very critical of Peterson because of his dismissive attitude towards athletics & not putting an end to the crap GT foists upon our student athletes, but he was successful fundraising for academics. We need the same capability for athletics. We have just not had, correct me if I’m wrong here GT longer tenured fans, anyone since Homer Rice that really got it. I was not real engaged in the earlier 90’s because I was off other places & not sure whether we lost steam in the aftermath of the National Championship or the game changed & GT couldn’t keep up, but it’s clear we have not had an AD that could rake in the $$.

Say what you want, but losing the arms race is probably 2/3 of what ails GT athletics. You can bring in great soldiers, arm yourself with master tactical Generals, a cadre of Gunny & Master sergeants, and a lot of awesome foot soldiers below them. But if you give them knives to go to a gun fight, their character, drive & determination will not last long and your ability to adapt & overcome will be limited.

Bud Petersen was also kind enough to launch an incremental fundraising effort simultaneously with AI2020, making it share the center stage.

I agree we need the large donations. That's how the baseball stadium and football locker room are already done. That said, they literally talk about GTAA fundraising being a campaign of the many. We need the big boosters for sure, but that doesn't preclude needing the grassroots efforts.

404 Day was a great example. A donor stepped up for half if the grassroots effort covered the other half. Sold out in under 3 hours, I think, because everyone did their part. We need more of that, but moving away from the giveaways. I admit, I got my giveaways because they were too cool to pass on, but if there was no giveaway next year, I'd still pony up my $404.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I would like to do more so if anyone will give me their credit card number I would like to give more, oh and my wife has a birthday coming up I may need to use a little for her.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would like to do more so if anyone will give me their credit card number I would like to give more, oh and my wife has a birthday coming up I may need to use a little for her.

I'll PM you my address. Fedex me your wallet with everything in it and I'll PM you back with the number of my credit card after that.