So 8-4 is good enough ???

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Disagree about Gailey. He fired the special teams coordinator / recruiting coordinator. He brought in Charles Kelley (who proved to be a darn good coach in many capacities). He took over playcalling, then gave it back up again when he thought Nix was ready. I know people give Nix a hard time, but that proved to be our best year offensively - we led the conference in offense that year and went to the ACCCG. He brought in John Bond as OC - no one really knows how that would've worked out in the long run. He brought in Giff Smith as recruiting coordinator and Geoff Collins as director of player personnel who both proved to be some of the best in the business. Great running game, great defense. His BIG weakness was QB play, and he had just signed 3 of the best QB recruits in a long time, along with the best recruiting class GT has ever had, but never got a chance to coach them. I think GT was headed up under CCG, but the masses got what they wanted ... and now they want something else.

I'm a CPJ supporter btw. I think he can be very successful here. At a place like GT patience is extra important if you know you've got a talented coach and there aren't weaknesses in the leadership aspect. You've got to give a guy a chance to build it, to figure stuff out, to fix issues, and keep making the recruiting ties.

I think most GT fans agree with this. (will always have some that whine without regard for the facts).

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I could careless about my coach trying to win or looking to stir things up whether it be him changing schemes or coaches, the bottom line is the results. Is GT a factor in the national consciousness, are we consistent, is Tech winning ?

Did you mean you could NOT care less, or that it is possible for you to be able to care less? - Were you careless in the description of how much you care? - ;)

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna say for me it depends on the bowl game...

If we lose the bowl game and go 8-5 then NO its not good enough.

If we win the bowl game and go 9-4 then YES its good enough.

Also if I have to pick between Clemson and UGA, its a no brainer. We need a W against the dwags to make it look like an improved and acceptable season.

BTW, why can't we just win the rest of them and go 10-3. Hey, it could happen.