Snoddy on KO returns

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Am I the only one that doesn't want Snoddy retunring kicks?

I understand his speed.

But his poor vision and running style just make a poor fit it my mind...He tries to be too much of a east west runner.

I understand the blocking has been poor on KO returns but I just do not like him as a fit for returning kicks.

Smelter is a good one...but I understand the risk of not wanting him back there.

Lynn Griffin did well last year...Andrews isn't bad either.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I was questioning the decision yesterday as well. I understand that Golden hasn't returned a kick back for a TD since he's been healthy, but I don't think that's totally on him. Blocking on ST didn't look good to me yesterday, and Southern covered really well. Golden is still our best option back there, just need to block

Declinometer

Banned
Thanks for making this thread. Shoddy is to hesitant when returning kicks. I'm sure someone on the roster can get up field.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I disagree. He speed is what will spring him on these returns. He will just need make one guy miss and he will be gone. Reminds me of the conversions LSU fans would have about Holiday returning kicks as well

Exactly...He doesn't make one guy miss. That just isn't his game. Comparing him to Holliday isn't fair at all..two different types of players.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I disagree. He speed is what will spring him on these returns. He will just need make one guy miss and he will be gone. Reminds me of the conversions LSU fans would have about Holiday returning kicks as well

Exactly...He doesn't make one guy miss. That just isn't his game. Comparing him to Holliday isn't fair at all..two diffrent types of players.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I like Smelter or Golden back there. Maybe an AB. Southern did a better job of covering kicks than we did setting up a return though.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Has Zenon returned kick offs? He may not be as fast as some of the other guys but looks to have good vision when he is carrying the football in open space.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Snoddy is very hesitant. We need someone that will hit the seam full speed. Golden appeared to be the same way on kickoffs since he has returned from his shoulder injury....hesitant. I would like to see Andrews get a shot at it. or Lynn Griffin.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Has Zenon returned kick offs? He may not be as fast as some of the other guys but looks to have good vision when he is carrying the football in open space.
Yep. In 12 kick returns between 2011 and 2012, Zenon returned 12 kicks for 254 (21.2 yards/return) yards with a long of 79.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, I'm hoping that our Special Teams Coordinator is not just looking at 40 times when deciding whom he plays. It may be that Snoddy's gotten better in seeing lanes when they're there. We'll see.