Snap count

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Even when I played midget football; the QB. changed the count! Down set hut 1 hut 2 hut 3 hut 4. Changed it every play with NO problems. I was not even a math whiz. After all it is not rocket science. So to me there is absolutely NO excuse for missing a snap count. Especially for anyone that is able to go to a math institute! NO MORE COUNT SNAP PROBLEMS!!!!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Seems like there are guys who just struggle with it. Gilbert who transferred to Ga State jumped all the time. Chamberlain jumps a lot.

GT does some interesting things with its snap count that allows it to frequently draw defenses offsides on 3rd and 4th and short. The negative of it seems to be that defenses can time the snap counts more easily on other downs when blitzing.

Was a weird scene when we changed the count more vs VT to counter and our guys couldn't handle it. The players claimed later that they practice it all the time and were unable to explain why they were jumping.

Hopefully with the no-huddle and/or motion & look to the sidelines we'll have more success.

Declinometer

Banned
When you go off of a quick snap count 90% of the time it is very difficult to go on a different count. In high school we ran the wishbone and the snap count was "down ready hit" said very quickly. It was always hard to hold back on a changed count and I was the center.

Animal02

Banned
When you go off of a quick snap count 90% of the time it is very difficult to go on a different count. In high school we ran the wishbone and the snap count was "down ready hit" said very quickly. It was always hard to hold back on a changed count and I was the center.

Played center too....always double checked with the QB on the snap count after breaking the huddle. :unsure:

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Guys, for 4 years long ago I coached 13 to 15 year olds in a intramural league. By the way I coached against Drew Hill in his 1st year of ever playing the game. But any how we changed the snap count every play. NEVER once did we have a problem! If those 13 to 15 year olds can do it then ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for grown Ga. Tech STUDENT athletes having trouble with this problem WHAT SO EVER! So be it that the line coach be fired immediately after the game if it causes anything like it did last year!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I tend to wonder if we just threw more at them than they could perfect in practice. The VT game was a short week after a nail biter against UNC. In general I blame multiple false starts on the coaches. If one kid is doing it then he needs to focus. If 5 guys are jumping the coaches have not clearly communicated what they should be doing. Even our ABs were getting motion penalties.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck

We ran the wishbone in high school, too. Our QB could call audibles at the line based on how he saw the defense line up. Our bread and butter play, the off tackle power slant, was hard to stop. We didn't vary the count much, but when we did, it was an easy five yards.