Film Room Slow Motion Video GT v Pitt

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
On the first rocket toss where Quay tries to cut it back on 3rd and 1 and gets tackled for a loss, he definitely would have made the first and more if he had sprinted to the edge w/o hesitation. This whole cutback lovefest is starting to drive me nuts.

On the very next play, 4th and 2, Lynch trusts the play design and edge blocking and runs to edge, easily turning the corner for a big gain. I tell you what, our wr's are both blocking their asses off this year.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I think I remember it usually being up to the A backs to decide on their own whether to cut or drive block if they're out in space. I hope against more athletic defenses we gravitate towards driving more.

Will be really interesting to see how we do against the better athletes this year in Clemson/Miami/VT/Ugag. I think the O-line is finally capable of holding its own even against these guys. They were just absolutely whipping Pitt up front 1 v 1. I think most of our different plays were about moving the MLB and secondary more than anything the D line was doing up front.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I think I remember it usually being up to the A backs to decide on their own whether to cut or drive block if they're out in space. I hope against more athletic defenses we gravitate towards driving more.

Will be really interesting to see how we do against the better athletes this year in Clemson/Miami/VT/Ugag. I think the O-line is finally capable of holding its own even against these guys. They were just absolutely whipping Pitt up front 1 v 1. I think most of our different plays were about moving the MLB and secondary more than anything the D line was doing up front.

Completely agree. On the 4th and 2 in the video, the cut block "worked" but really the defender just shed himself out of the play. More athletic guys will shed the block while maintaining their forward momentum.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Against the better/more athletic defenses, our ABs will need to really mix it up on their blocks so the defenders always have that doubt in their minds as they pursue leading to a split second hesitation when trying to defeat the block. Then when they hesitate, you cut them down.