Film Room Slow Motion Video Break Down GT versus Miami

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I thought coach called a great game.

Ol blocked well enough for the backs to get game speed experience.

If defense can defend pass we have reson to be optimistic.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Great breakdown longest! We are more athletic at the b-back which is nice. From your breakdown we are letting guys loose that should be blocked which is disappointing but the line looked to be playing a lot better. Mills doesn't really have any shake and bake to him but man what a player.

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
You mention the penalty at 16:10 I apologize I missed the discussion elsewhere on another thread I guess but was that because the tackle was "engaged" and therefore a chop? Otherwise I don't know what the call is. That was a huge call in the game and could have significantly influenced the outcome.

I think mills has Dwyer upside. Hopefully nothing happens with cpj so we get to see him at b back three more years.

Was great to see the offense working well against a talented, athletic team. Even with the turnovers did great with TOP and had more yards than Miami.

Deltajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I enjoyed your post but would have enjoyed a review of both the big turnovers. There's nothing wrong with explaining what happened. Sometimes they get lucky with exactly the right blitz call and sometimes we make a mistake. Either way it's just a chance for all of us to learn more about the complexity of this offense.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I enjoyed your post but would have enjoyed a review of both the big turnovers. There's nothing wrong with explaining what happened. Sometimes they get lucky with exactly the right blitz call and sometimes we make a mistake. Either way it's just a chance for all of us to learn more about the complexity of this offense.

Imo, first one was an unaccounted for blitzer. JT should have seen him presnap and checked blocking normally, but with plays coming from sideline, it might have been missed by an eye in the sky ... box.

2nd looked like bad pitch relationship from tail motion. Hard to say who's fault, but I suspect ABack.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Imo, first one was an unaccounted for blitzer. JT should have seen him presnap and checked blocking normally, but with plays coming from sideline, it might have been missed by an eye in the sky ... box.

2nd looked like bad pitch relationship from tail motion. Hard to say who's fault, but I suspect ABack.

It's not just JT who needed to see the blitzer, but the LT needs to keep his head up and see a guy walk up. It's not like the ball was snapped and then all of a sudden the LB blitzed. The guy literally walked up to the line pre-snap, waited, then the ball was snapped. There was plenty of time to react to it.

The fumbled pitch definitely looked like poor pitch relationship. It was our standard counter option which had been picking up good yardage.

Technical note: when the backside A-Back goes in motion and runs through the heels of the B-Back (like on a triple option play) it's called "tail motion". When the playside A-Back goes in motion then reverses his field (like on counter) it's called "twirl motion".

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Will be done uploading by 12:00AM Monday Morning

Caution: I am pro JT and Pro CPJ

I am un-listing new videos... only access is through posts

Great job!! Getting so comfortable, you're getting all literary, throwing in Biblical allusions.

"Don't doubt Thomas!"

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Offense was clicking. I think our biggest offensive issue is play calling (passing too much).

Too many bad things happened around our passing game:

* Scoop/score play? Why are we passing on first down there?

* We throw an incomplete pass on 4th and 3 in the 4th quarter. I'd prefer to give the rock to Dedrick.

* We punt on 4th and 2 - why? (Because we decided to pass on 3rd down and didn't make it).

I remain optimistic on the balance of this season. This may not be popular, but I hope we come out against Pitt and run the ball 30 times in a row.

/

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's not just JT who needed to see the blitzer, but the LT needs to keep his head up and see a guy walk up. It's not like the ball was snapped and then all of a sudden the LB blitzed. The guy literally walked up to the line pre-snap, waited, then the ball was snapped. There was plenty of time to react to it.

The fumbled pitch definitely looked like poor pitch relationship. It was our standard counter option which had been picking up good yardage.

Technical note: when the backside A-Back goes in motion and runs through the heels of the B-Back (like on a triple option play) it's called "tail motion". When the playside A-Back goes in motion then reverses his field (like on counter) it's called "twirl motion".
On the sack fumble the center was covered, the lg(fleas son will) was covered when mike lb (56) walked up, 79 lt was already covered with the de. The outside lb walked up during the count. See picture. The ab should have bumped him unless the pass was to be to him. Also we had two wr on left.
When play went right, there was only one receiver on the right = the twirl ab. They had 7 man line and single coverage on wr.
The wierd twirl thing caused me to wonder why jt took such a strong set up. Seemed like was winding up for a big throw, but ab was only a few yards down field. I thing the twirl would have been better for left ab and go route for right ab.
Ol did well on that play IMO

Attachments

• 20161002_153958.jpg
    20161002_153958.jpg
    948.1 KB · Views: 43