Slouching toward Ireland ...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We're getting closer. I'm getting ready. But from home. In prep this weekend I watched a) OT against Georgia in '14; b) final half a dozen seconds against FSU in '15; c) first three drives against FSU in ACC championship game, and d) second half against MSU in Orange Bowl. As my old coach would have said and did say on more than one occasion, I don't want none of that negativity no more. Let's tee it up and play a new season.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeats was most certainly a prophet. The part about the body of a Lion and the head of a man clearly, imo, foretold the coming of CJ unto the Flats nearly a century before his birth. I will revisit his work to ascertain when our next natty has been revealed to us. I'll report back later.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
The viewing at our house will be celebrated in grand style, since we could not make the Ireland trip. The wife has worked hard toward the big day. She has been researching (for weeks now) in preparation for that early morning as we watch the game from our front row seats in section HD.

I will be her hapless sous chef. Cooking will commence on the night before the game.

I cannot make this up. As I type, @MrsDrJacket has :
* Decided on the perfect Irish breakfast to make. Included will be a Corned Beef Culcannon and an Irish Barmbrack (fruit loaf).
* We have GT plastic cups/plates at the ready
* Printed out the current GT roster and has that between some books on the table next to our chairs.
* Has curiously decided to read a brochure entitled Guide to NCAA Rules for Fans that outlines how "boosters" can stay away from messing up athletes' eligibility.
* Sought out her 3 favorite players already and wished them a good season.
* Purchased a new gold and navy dress and a new gold top, both for home games this year.

She is ready. Therefore, we are ready.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The viewing at our house will be celebrated in grand style, since we could not make the Ireland trip. The wife has worked hard toward the big day. She has been researching (for weeks now) in preparation for that early morning as we watch the game from our front row seats in section HD.

I will be her hapless sous chef. Cooking will commence on the night before the game.

* Decided on the perfect Irish breakfast to make. Included will be a Corned Beef Culcannon and an Irish Barmbrack (fruit loaf).
* Printed out the current GT roster and has that between some books on the table next to our chairs.
* Has curiously decided to read a brochure entitled Guide to NCAA Rules for Fans that outlines how "boosters" can stay away from messing up athletes' eligibility.
* Purchased a new gold and navy dress and a new gold top, both for home games this year.

Is it blue or gold?

Which_Colour.jpg

Also, show her this:

http://www.discoveringireland.com/the-full-irish-breakfast/

9th5d1.jpg

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
She's still finalizing the menu. Oh yes, she's all up on the traditional plate above (and a beautiful one at that).

I'm color-blind. I have to take her word on the color of anything.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Then we better win else you are gonna get two Irish potatoes for your next meal. Which, to think about it, is two more than the Irish had.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
When we beat Florida State, I cooked a smoked pork shoulder. Therefore at 6pm Friday evening I will be placing one on the smoker. It was the only time I cooked one last season, so I am going to see if it brings back the good luck.
I'll be there. Is there enough parking?