Sjolund to (not) transfer

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
There still seems to be a little ambiguity here. Almost like he is leaving the door open unless a more appealing option opens.

Am I the only one that read it that way. I'm sort of indifferent here. I think that he has potential to be a solid contributor for us, but if he leaves, its not end of the world.

For what it's worth, I understand his desire to play a bigger role. Wish him the best with however this ends up.

That's the way I read the tweet. Will be curious to see if he stays on the bench or continues with the training and other parts of the program. Curious whether CJP remains committed to him with the transfer sign up or not?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He's going to RS this year. He said it. He's recovering from an injury of some sort, which may preclude him from practice or some types of practice. I fully anticipate he'll be on the bench in street clothes. Whether he's in uniform next year or not will depend on a number of factors that the average fan will probably never know about. If we get hammered by the NCAA (i.e. lose the 13th scholarship), I suspect he will not be on the GT roster next year. If we don't, then I think it depends purely on Sjolund.

Just one guy's uninformed observations.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So this is what I got for ya'll on the record:
"Looking for an oppourtunity but he is not 100% sure. He loves the community and school but does not know about the direction of the program."

Telling.

If that's what's on the record, imagine what's off the record. Yikes.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So this is what I got for ya'll on the record:
"Looking for an oppourtunity but he is not 100% sure. He loves the community and school but does not know about the direction of the program."
I am sure that is accurate, but that's true for every member of the Tech community.

The NCAA cloud hanging over the program has created a good deal of uncertainty in the short term. If that's why he's leaving, so be it. Maybe this is the space we need for a grad transfer big to help fill the gap with Banks having graduated.

GT_EE78

Banned
Best wishes for Sjo whereever he lands. It's a big opportunity for CJP to upgrade the talent level.
Best case would be to get a grad transfer to start in the middle so our freshmen bigs can develop without pressure to contribute immediately.
Otherwise he can take take the best elite talent available for down the road, its not like we don't have key graduations coming up next year....

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Weve desperately needed shooting for years and we let this guy ytansfer. Pretty sure he would be contributing more then Price is this year.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
As already posted, Kris doesn’t know what he is going to do. In the meantime he is fully engaged — practicing hard, traveling with the team, and contributing all he can. He is a great young man and I hope he stays with Georgia Tech, as does the MBB staff.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Leary said that Sjolund had “tons of conversations” with interested schools and took one visit, to Colorado, which was among the teams that had pursued him coming out of high school. Returning to Tech was a possibility throughout the process.

"That’s basically what he did, and realized that he wanted to go back and finish up at Georgia Tech,” Leary said.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If he’s on track to graduate in 3 years, he can still enter the portal and not lose a year.
Makes sense to stay put.