Six Day Hold for Miami Game - 7pm Kick

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If we win at UNC and da U loses at Puke - and I bet they will - then I don't think this will be a noon game. If both teams win or we lose at UNC (absit omen), it's noon for sure.

I believe I've mentioned that I really hate noon games? Just in case: I really hate noon games.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought each team could make a request which is not guaranteed to be fulfilled but typically is. Usually we make our request for the homecoming game to be 330 or at night but this season we either didn't make the request or is was unfulfilled, game was a nooner.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
North Carolina at Duke announced for 12:20 on Raycom. Maybe that is good? Haven't we been that game a couple of times at home already this season? Two other games on hold too:

Saturday, Nov. 10
North Carolina at Duke, 12:20 p.m., Raycom
Liberty at Virginia, 3 p.m., RSN
Florida State at Notre Dame 7:30 p.m., NBC (previously announced)
Clemson at Boston College (six-day hold)
Miami at Georgia Tech (six-day hold)
Virginia Tech at Pitt (six-day hold)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
If UNC Duke is the ACC network game, Us vs Miami might be the espn2 night game. Clemson BC will probably get ESPN night billing or 3:30 because Clemson. I could see VT vs Pitt being the noon espn game that day following gameday.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Never heard there was a "guarantee" for a night game every season. Seems like the ACC doesn't have a ton of leverage week-to-week on forcing TV to put a team in certain time slot (ESPN pays a lot of money for that right). Though they've been on the road, we've already had two night games (Louisville and VT).

Here's an ACC piece on scheduling and how they handle requests:
https://theacc.com/news/2018/1/17/acc-football-schedule-q-a.aspx

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I guess GT is considered the bottom of the barrel in the ACC by the networks and the ACC officials:rolleyes:
Actually we lose out a lot because we AREN'T the bottom of the barrel.

Being in the middle of the barrel is the reason we're constantly under a 6 day hold. Like @TheTechGuy said we pull a pretty consistent rating neither super high but never super low either.