Site not working on Chrome

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric/others-I am not able to get to the site on my computer using Chrome browser. I have a very old IE that still works, but it says there is a certificate error (which I just bypass)... but I mostly use Chrome as my newest updated browser. Is there something I can do to fix this or is there a problem with the site certificate?

Thanks in advance!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I'm using Chrome right now without any issues.

@NorthGaJacket15 Can you clarify what you mean by "site not working"? Got a screenshot that explains it better? Make sure you try disabling any extensions that you have as they may interfere with site functionality.

gtzulu

Georgia Tech Fan
hello, I'm able to reproduce the problem in a Windows XP VM from https://modern.ie. IE gives a certificate warning as described. Chrome says "This webpage is not available", and under details it says "Error code: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH". There are no more details given. In Windows Vista, the Chrome error does not occur. I suspect Windows XP supports none of the SSL/TLS versions or ciphers the webserver is currently configured to support.

Thank you for turning on HTTPS by default, by the way. It is why I joined the site.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I suspect Windows XP supports none of the SSL/TLS versions or ciphers the webserver is currently configured to support.
Thanks for reporting. You are correct; IE6/IE8 on XP will not work and won't be supported. One because SSL3 had to be disabled due to the poodle vulnerability and the other doesn't support SNI.

Didn't realize that Chrome on XP would fail to load the site though. Going to have to look into that; most likely because Chrome uses the OS to validate the SSL certificate or something like that.

@NorthGaJacket15, can you confirm you are using Chrome browser on Windows XP?

Thanks guys.

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry for the delay guys... yes, it is Chrome on XP. Here is the "details" of the error I'm getting:

The webpage athttps://gtswarm.com/might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error code: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Thanks for all, great site!