Sirius or XM Radio?

Milwaukee

Banned
Can anyone speak on this in regards to college sports programming? I'm in need of this for my company car. I've done a little research and can't tell is XM/Sirius is the same thing now or if they're separate with separate offerings. I'm looking for the best sports options, obviously.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Can anyone speak on this in regards to college sports programming? I'm in need of this for my company car. I've done a little research and can't tell is XM/Sirius is the same thing now or if they're separate with separate offerings. I'm looking for the best sports options, obviously.
XM was the first satellite radio service then along came Sirius. Sirius bought out XM and all new radios are considered Sirius. If you were a XM subscriber when they were bought out then your service falls under the SiriusXM program.

My 2 vehicles are strictly Sirius but my boom box and my little home receiver were XM so they are considered SiriusXM. IMO not a whole lot is different from a programming point of view. I think you get the same stations but might be different channel numbers.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
They mergedyears ago. I'm not a big radio fan but my dad loves SiriusXM. Pretty much every game you could imagine is broadcast, and the scores display on your dash (very helpful with something fast-paced like bball). They are one in the same now though as mentioned above older cars may act differently if they are from the early days of the service.

As far as music, it's much better than regular radio. TBH I only ever listen to Bloomberg when my car is in trial mode.