Sims=Bilbo

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at a GT game in the early 70s, on the sidelines, and a whiskey bottle came out of the upper deck . It hit about 8 feet away from someone on the sidelines! If it had hit him, he would be dead! Don't know if it was a GT fan or opponent, but throwing stuff like that should put someone in jail for a while,,

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'll say this about the comparison. First, Bilbo was much better then he was cracked up to be. He had an arm like a cannon and could run. His problem was that he never found a QB coach who could get him over the hump on the field. Second, Sims is already a decent QB. And if the coaches WOULD LET HIM RUN MORE, he could be a great one. He still has problems seeing the whole field and he has a disturbing tendency to throw the ball when he should eat it. But that's SOP with young QBs and that is exactly what he is. People tend to forget.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'll say this about the comparison. First, Bilbo was much better then he was cracked up to be. He had an arm like a cannon and could run. His problem was that he never found a QB coach who could get him over the hump on the field. Second, Sims is already a decent QB. And if the coaches WOULD LET HIM RUN MORE, he could be a great one. He still has problems seeing the whole field and he has a disturbing tendency to throw the ball when he should eat it. But that's SOP with young QBs and that is exactly what he is. People tend to forget.
And he tends to lock onto one guy and throw it to him no matter what the coverage is, hopefully he grows outta that

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
Like whom? Reggie ball? Luginbilll? Bilbo? Bennett? These boards ALWAYS hold our QB too high standards.

Yates had the same line, same OC but zero int and zero fumbles. He moved the ball down the field. Sims had CLEARLY shown the red zone issues are not a Yates issue. He has had them the past two games. You claim a 100% red zone rate today but they weren’t all TD. Heck, two of our TD were from outside the 40.

I want Sims to be awesome, but is 1.5 years in and he hasn’t progressed except his deep ball. It’s sucked last year. We lost Syracuse because his deep ball was terrible. He’s fixed that. I hope he can continue to improve in other areas. But I honestly believe that Yates should get more time.

Sims offenses score but also go 3 and out way too much and way too fast and it kills our defense.
Sims problems are directly linked to our ****ty ONLINE play. Period. If we had a pulse on oline then we could grade out our QB. No comparison with the two QB's. Yates best game against KSU.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Sims has some raw tools. I also think that P'naude does not put him in position to succeed. I think Sims feels like he has to carry the team. That forces errors, that could / should be avoided. With that said. I would like to see plays that allow our play makers to be one on one. We need to understand we cannot simply just force our will on other teams. We don't have the size, strength, nor speed (at least on the Oline). We should get Sims throwing slants and screens. Having him drop back and surveying the field doesn't work. He doesn't have the time necessary to accomplish this. I thought we were a RPO offense? Anyone seen much RPO? We simply don't pressure defenses, right now. Just my opinion. This isn't a Sims issue, it's a crappy play calling issue.
Its clearly an Oline issue