Sims Appears Locked in to be Starting QB

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Also, some notes regarding last season's injuries.

"Sims is a good quarterback for Long and Weinke to build around. Tech added two transfer quarterbacks for this season, but that’s for depth. Sims always has been the starter when healthy, and he’s still the guy now. Sims is old enough now that Tech is his team."

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I hope to see him stay in the pocket longer this season and hopefully a better pass pro will aid his improvement in this area.

I also hope to see him play tougher physically and make headier decisions mentally. We shall see.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I hope to see him stay in the pocket longer this season and hopefully a better pass pro will aid his improvement in this area.

I also hope to see him play tougher physically and make headier decisions mentally. We shall see.
Interesting, I think most people are wanting him to use his legs more this season. Do you want him to stay in the pocket more because you thought he was too quick to pull the ball down previously, or do you want to see him stay in the pocket longer because you want the pocket to hold up longer?

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting, I think most people are wanting him to use his legs more this season. Do you want him to stay in the pocket more because you thought he was too quick to pull the ball down previously, or do you want to see him stay in the pocket longer because you want the pocket to hold up longer?
I want 1,2 read then tuck and go sometimes a 3rd read

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I agree. Sims needs to read beyond his first read and then destroy teams with his legs. We need him to stay healthy, though. He missed a good bit of time last year

I hope we put some run and shoot in truthfully not as a fundamental offense but a few of the play and pass concepts could be very good constraint plays on a defense thats getting way to comfortable in zone. Hawaii did a good job of modernizing it a few seasons ago before they fired the coach for beign anti vax.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see him have the time to go through all of his checks before tucking and running. He is a great athlete. But at the end of the day his is a QB not a RB. I want to see his arm do the talking more so than his legs. I want to see him be patient in that pocket and hopefully the OL will aid him in this effort.