SI Preseason top 25; Tech #19

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Pretty predictable. While we all want to be in the top ten or five, kind of keeps the pressure off the players and gives them something to shoot for.

You can almost take the same 25 schools and mix and match them every year. Everyone is drinking the Auburn kool aide this year for sure.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
I just love the logic that's used to support the 5 loss teams ahead of GT.

#2 Auburn, 8-5 (2014 TV rating rank: 4th)
The last highly touted, 6' 5"-plus quarterback to stroll on to Auburn’s campus won both the Heisman Trophy and the national championship in 2010. So perhaps the comparison with Cam Newton isn’t fair to junior Jeremy Johnson, who has made only two starts on the Plains. “Cam is Cam, and not me,” Johnson says. “I don’t compare myself to Cam that much.” Still, it’s hard to ignore the Cam-like hype around Johnson, a Montgomery, Ala., native who is the primary reason the Tigers should return to playoff contention.

#4 Notre Dame, 8-5 (2014 TV rating rank: 3rd)
Malik Zaire has thrown 35 passes as a Notre Dame quarterback. He nevertheless has a catchphrase: Third and long—not long enough. He first recited it in the huddle during a 35-point loss at USC last November, the Irish’s fourth straight defeat to end 2014. The meaning: There is no amount of yardage the offense can’t gain.

#19 Georgia Tech, 11-3 (2014 TV rating rank: n/a)
The Yellow Jackets won three of their final four games, all against top 20 teams, including a 49-34 victory over Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl. This fall coach Paul Johnson wants to prove his team isn’t a two-month wonder. Johnson’s sneaky triple-option attack will again be led by junior Justin Thomas (5' 11", 189 pounds), who set the school’s quarterback rushing record with 1,086 yards last year and has four starters returning on the O-line.

Source: http://thesportseconomist.com/2015/02/09/analyzing-2014-college-football-television-ratings/

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Auburn? That one I don't get. Alabama and Ohio State will always get the benefit of the doubt because of good coaches and great recruiting but what does Auburn have?

Lots to wonder about with several of these choices but the season will put an end to some of this nonsense sooner than later.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I would never bet against Saban except against OSU this year. TCU and Baylor should be up there because of SoS. . They play each other and only one other ranked Big 12 team, Oklahoma @ 21. We play 2 in the top 10 and and 2 more in the top 15.

But what counts is the results on the field. With ND ranked so high we should get lots of attention when we beat them in S.B. in 6 weeks.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If it's really him... What a goober... Low class act of destruction...
Right. I do not remember the guy's name, I just remember a face on a documentary I saw on public TV about the poisoning. That looks like his face but I would not want to impugn anyone falsely. I was hoping someone else would verify.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
It's not a verified account, it could just be a parody account where someone found the picture on line. For instance I'm not really Sterling Archer, or am I?