SI article about triple option football

Jmonty71

Banned
The triple works, we just don't run it anymore. How many times per game do we run true triple? PJ is in the middle of an identity crisis and he's overanalyzing imo. I'd pay money to watch one full game without a counter option and I'd bet that same amount of money that the results would be better for him.

The "keys" he is seeing are smoke and mirrors on purpose. The DC's are "showing" different looks because they know he's looking for those to take advantage of.
I hate our counter option. We run it way too slow... How many times does it work, against upper tier talent?

RiseUpATL

Banned
We are going to have to rip the bandaid off if PJ leaves. But I’ll take it. It’s not like we are burning it up now. No more triple option. We are better than service academy offenses.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Willie Fritz is a great coach... if you bring him in with Bob DeBesse, they would innovate the current option scheme and make it more palatable to recruits and fans.

Good article, by the way.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m beginning to believe the only thing the Triple Option does is give disgruntled GT fans 1 more thing to ***** about. Before CPJ arrived on The Flats we bitched about in general poor recruiting, calculus, lack of majors, no bagman/ nobody gives the bagman enough money, we can’t recruit a QB, we can’t recruit the big uglies, our stadium is too small, we don’t play enough good teams, we play too many bad teams, we go to bowls but they suck, when we go to a bowl that doesn’t suck it either is inconvenient to our schedule or too expensive, our athletes have to study that’s why they can’t remember the plays, mid-terms or finals was this week and they’re all tuckered out, our OC sucks, our DC sucks, our STC sucks, we don’t have a FG kicker, we can’t kick it out of the endzone like everyone else on KOs, we drop punts, we bust coverage, ACC screws us with the schedule, the concession lines are too long, people stand in front of me during the game, I have to pay to park, guy 3 rows down brought his kids so I can’t swear, there’s no ice for my whiskey, etc. Now we have all that plus we run a HS offense.

Maybe we take the TO away so we can focus our bitching on all the other stuff and we can all be happy bitching about why we used to ***** about in the good old days.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I couldn't help but notice several things.
-they never said ANYTHING about Colorado TYING for Nat Chp with us although Col claim was mentioned 3 times.
- PJ being quoted--"it allows 4 recs (WR and Abacks ) to get out quickly for passes.WOW--I agree but how many times do you see us try that? Having small quick Abacks means the only real advantage on 230 lb LBs is that.
Instead we have a lot of 185 lb Abacks trying to block these 235 lb (or 260 lb DEs) a lot esp on passes.
-Noticed also no mention about PJ's recent record.
Amen

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Good read. I like when coaches get pissed when others criticize option ball. Switzerland was on cloud 9 after our Orange Bowl pounding of Miss St.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m beginning to believe the only thing the Triple Option does is give disgruntled GT fans 1 more thing to ***** about. Before CPJ arrived on The Flats we bitched about in general poor recruiting, calculus, lack of majors, no bagman/ nobody gives the bagman enough money, we can’t recruit a QB, we can’t recruit the big uglies, our stadium is too small, we don’t play enough good teams, we play too many bad teams, we go to bowls but they suck, when we go to a bowl that doesn’t suck it either is inconvenient to our schedule or too expensive, our athletes have to study that’s why they can’t remember the plays, mid-terms or finals was this week and they’re all tuckered out, our OC sucks, our DC sucks, our STC sucks, we don’t have a FG kicker, we can’t kick it out of the endzone like everyone else on KOs, we drop punts, we bust coverage, ACC screws us with the schedule, the concession lines are too long, people stand in front of me during the game, I have to pay to park, guy 3 rows down brought his kids so I can’t swear, there’s no ice for my whiskey, etc. Now we have all that plus we run a HS offense.

Maybe we take the TO away so we can focus our bitching on all the other stuff and we can all be happy bitching about why we used to ***** about in the good old days.

We were bitching about offense before he got here. Forgot Pat Nix?